GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Dual Exhaust?

Default Dual Exhaust?

[Question from RENTERIA316]

Does anyone have a dual exhaust on their Trailblazer? If so how much more HP do you get and what is a good recommendation. I will have the V8 and I just need to make sure the exhaust is not to big otherwise it will be noisy.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

I own an 04 LS TB which is a straight 6. There aren't that many exhasut systems out there that I coud find. I do know Borla makes one. Gibbson said no, that tried to make one and it sounded bad so they never put it on the market. I put a JBA exhaust system on mine. The costs was around 300.00. and I did the labor myself. I will have to say, since mine is a straight 6, uuuuugggggg....it is loud (which I did want) but I sound like a honda civic coming down the street. of course, it will sound better on a v8. I just wanted to let everyone know that if you own a 6 it does sound like a civic, it has a little more ump to it, but yeah, wasn't the best of moves.
    STEPHANIE
    Los Angeles, California
    2004 Trailblazer (DJM drop kit, K&N air intake, 18' Kaotic Wheels, full system with Sirius and also custom
    sub installed for cleaner look, tint all the way around, JBA exhaust...still looking for more to do)

Had until it was stolen:
    1990 lowered Chevy Silverado
    Also Have:
    2002 Chevy Suburban
    1992 Chevy S-10
    1955 Chevy Bel Air
    sad to say: also a 1991 Ford F-250

I couldn't even find the JBA exhaust system on their website for the Trailblazer. Do you have a link to it?

http://www.truckperformance.com/prod...AZER/sf4_4.2l/

Here is the link directly to the exhaust system page. The web address for their home page is www.truckperformance.com
    That is where I bought mine from (but the price went up some, I bought mine for around 300) I had no problems with them, they were great to buy from.

Looks pretty sweet. The TB stock is so quiet that you can hardly even hear it running. That's fine for most. Too bad they can't get a deeper sound from it.

Default Borla add-on

I see Borla has alot of the muffler-tip combos that look like it will bolt right on the trailblazer. Because of the stock mufflers placement, i think it should be no problem. Question is, how loud is it going to be? Anyone try this yet? I'm looking for a deeper sound but not like those ultra loud rice rocket sriding around

Yeah, that's not a sound that someone expects to get coming from a Chevy. :-/

I've not seen anyone do that myself. Anyone?

Thr Borla one is around 1000 dollars. I bought the JBA system. It invols sawing off the orignal pipe and then boltin on the JBA pipe. the sound, it all depends on what you have. I have a striaght 6, so mine is loud but not overwhelming, and sounds like a civic.If you don't mind it sounding like a iciv then do JBA, but it all depends on what size you.

i put the american thunder series on a 5.7 lt1 sounded really deep. very similar engine should produce same result. was around $400 i'm searching site now for trailblazer cat back bolt on

Did you have it installed or was it a weekend project?