GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Dumb heated seat question

Okay, so I admit it. I may be spoiled with my new truck. It is nicer than any vehicle I have ever owned. At any rate. My LTZ has all the amenties including heated seats and remote start.. The manual says the seats will automatically warm when remotely started and ambient temps are low enough. Does anyone know what a low enough ambient temp. is? They activated once(don't know what temp was), but not since and I want to be sure nothing has gone awry. They work fine if I turn them on myself so it's not a fuse.
    Thanks in advance.
    Charlie

Charlie
    XS ive1:(^^^)
    2008 Silverado Crew LTZ Southern Comfort conversion
    SoCo cat back duals
    Volant CAI
    6" Pro-Comp lift
    ARE cap with Yakima rack system (winter)
    GM Hard tri-fold tonneau (summer)
    GM rear wheel liners

XS ive2:(avatar)
    2014 Silverado 2500HD CCSB LTZ Z71 6.6 DMax/Allison
    6.5" BDS 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers
    LineX/wheel liners/OEM tube steps/sunroof/slider/mirrors/Nav/cablights/trifold tonneau

Getting the toys to the track with a 2007 Roadmaster 7X12 V-Nose 7k tandem "Mobile Man Cave".

Well if your worried about the auto heat then i would get a wiring diagram or talk to someone who knows the seats pretty well. with anything like that theres a temp sensor somewhere so it might be failing or could be a defect. i would just turn them on yourself lol. but thats just me
    1997 K1500 Silverado 4X4. Black Exterior, grey/black interior. 35X12.50X15 wheels and rubber, ProComp 6inch lift 6 shocks in the front 2 in the rear, 3 inch body lift, a few cosmetic mods. Nothing major. Custom leather interior, and stereo upgrade is the future mods.

read upm on your manual about how to set all your personal settings and then save them ...sit in truck and adjust everything the way you want ,, radio , htr. setting ( fan ( high for cold weather , turn heated seats on and push number 1 in l/h door pad and hol until you hear 2 beeps .. this should work when you hit your auto start