GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default some help with a 93 Silverado please

I need some help. My 93 has a really bad humming from the front end. I am thinking its the dif because theres fluid leaking out of the seals were the axels go in.

I will move the front tires to the back and check the wheel bearings. But my gut feeling is the bearings in the front diff are bad.

can anyone send me a drawing of the dif maybe exploded so I can see if this is something I can do myself or pay $2000+ to have a place repair it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by remist17 View Post
    I need some help. My 93 has a really bad humming from the front end. I am thinking its the dif because theres fluid leaking out of the seals were the axels go in.

I will move the front tires to the back and check the wheel bearings. But my gut feeling is the bearings in the front diff are bad.

can anyone send me a drawing of the dif maybe exploded so I can see if this is something I can do myself or pay $2000+ to have a place repair it.

Thanks
    You mean the wheel bearings? That you could do yourself-If it's your bearings IN the gear carrier you would be better off removing the diff from the axle and take it in to a gear shop to rebuild unless you know what you are doing. If the backlash isn't set right you'll blow up your rear end. It might be humming louder if there isn't any oil in the diff as well. Good luck!

Put the truck up on the lift last night and theres a clicking from the driverside were the cv axel goes into the diff. i am thinking worn out CV ?