GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Speaker sizes and options...

Ok so after some extensive modification to my dash i got a double DIN touch screen dvd player in and all workin, but it obviously sent too much juice to my stock front speakers they are definitely blown, so i would like to know what size and recommended replacemnts for the door speakers for an o1 silverado...

Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    Ok so after some extensive modification to my dash i got a double DIN touch screen dvd player in and all workin, but it obviously sent too much juice to my stock front speakers they are definitely blown, so i would like to know what size and recommended replacemnts for the door speakers for an o1 silverado...
    Crutchfield's is one of the Best Outlets for your Stereo and Speaker Needs.Speaker size for the Fronts are 6-1/2
    Last edited by 99'HEARTBEAT; 11-24-2009 at 08:28 PM.

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

the 01 work truck model has 6.5" but if im not mistaken the higher models also have a 1" tweeter in them... if its just the 6.5 your cover over your speaker in your door pannel will just be one round circle

yea i have the tweeter too, so does this still mean the larger speaker is a 6.5?

Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    yea i have the tweeter too, so does this still mean the larger speaker is a 6.5?
    Yes the bigger Speaker is 6.5.

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

if you have a double din with that much power its time to upgrade.. obviously

go with the infinity kappa series. they have the tweeter built in already. my buddy put 2 in his 05 monte carlo and wow. what a difference. he also put the 6x9's in on the rear deck and we cant get it to stop shaking back there lol

I have the Bose upgrade from factory with the tweeters on the pillars in my 06 4 dr LT. I also have a pioneer flip out that pushes 100x more power than the factory head unit, and it really lets the Bose pound- so for this reason I wont upgrade my door speakers.

But if I ever do I will be purchasing the Infinity Kappa-- not too sure on price though, i think he got the best deal on onlinecarstereo.com but check out ebay, amazon and definitely check out sonicelectronix.com -- same as crutchfield, except you dont pay for the crutchfield name

good luck and keep us updated with it!