GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default high mileage cleaning??

ok guys heres what i need to know i have an 06 2500 with the 6.0 in it it was a worktruck so only the necessities were done what do you recomend i clean under the hood it now has 145,000 on it what needs to be cleaned and what do i use???? maf? iacv? throttlebody? sea foam? oil changes were done constantly and i put the new penzoil platinum in it says it cleans 46 percent of sludge should i still use a motor flush??? any tips to help any recomendations??? anything would be greatly appreciated thanks guys

engine cleaning good only on outside of engine on the inside use a good oil and FILTER i use lucas oil and stabalizer, i use a K & N oil and air filter, this will keep inside your engine in great condition, in winter i use regular valvoline oil, have put thousands of miles and NEVER a engine failure. keepit tuned up will help to keep carbon from aaccumilating on valve stems, you can pop a valve cover to see if there is any sludge in valve train, good luck but i would stay away from engine flushes ken

Legend

just use quality products, you get what you pay for. i currently own 142k and 180k mileage vehicles and no problems, just do the correct maintainence and pay attention to what is going on in your vehicle. if you have a tach pay attention to it, temp gauge, pay attention to your mpgs every fill up, these 3 things are FREE tell tales that if something is going on in your vehicle they will be some of the first things effected. I do use seafoam every october and may in both vehicles though
    99 K1500 Suburban LT "THE BEAST"
    Hypertech III, K&N, true dual
    285/75/16