GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Jr. Apprentice

Default No Brake Booster Vacuume

So i just finished dropping a 6L motor and a very beefed up 4L60E into my truck. Everything when flawlessly EXCEPT i have no vacuum from the nipple to the Brake Booster. Is there a check valve in it?

I can pull the airline completely off and the truck still runs awesome. should run like crap because of a massive air leak. Anyone have a idea?

THANX!

PS Motor is out of a 2002 Yukon
    Last edited by Demick; 11-25-2009 at 12:53 AM.
    2000 Silverado Z71 4x4 fully loaded. 6L Swap, Fully built 4l60E Transmission w/ custom shift kit, intake, Edelbrock headers, custom 3" exhaust, MSD wires, 3" lift, 33" tires, Hypertec Programmer.

Jr. Apprentice

Been reading and if the truck i got the motor from had Hydrolic brakes would that system use no vacuum from the motor? if so how can i remove the nipple to swap it with my old motors one? It spins but is not popping out and since its plastic i dont want to brake it
    2000 Silverado Z71 4x4 fully loaded. 6L Swap, Fully built 4l60E Transmission w/ custom shift kit, intake, Edelbrock headers, custom 3" exhaust, MSD wires, 3" lift, 33" tires, Hypertec Programmer.

Jr. Apprentice

thank you for your response. I got a hold of the original owner of the motor. He said it had Hydrolic brakes. and like you said those systems used the PS pump to run. I T'd off the PVC line right off the manifold and that works perfectly.

But i do have a ABS light on and the e brake light on. So even though the brakes are working fine it could not be getting enough vacuum. How do i check ABS codes? or even clear them. I have a ODBII scanner and a Hypertech unit and both cant clean ABS lites.

The proper term for the hydraulic brakes is hydroboost. I find it odd that you were able to put vacuum on that booster and it works. It should be pressure that drives that brake booster.
    Christopher

1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 265K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage

Quote Originally Posted by Crawdaddy View Post
    The proper term for the hydraulic brakes is hydroboost. I find it odd that you were able to put vacuum on that booster and it works. It should be pressure that drives that brake booster.
    His truck has vacuum booster. Truck his engine came out of had Hydroboost.......
    Joseph

Airforce Veteran (7 years)

NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joeairforce View Post
    His truck has vacuum booster. Truck his engine came out of had Hydroboost.......
    Duh, I knew that... Helps when you read the posts right. Good catch Joe!
    Christopher

1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 265K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage

Quote Originally Posted by Crawdaddy View Post
    Duh, I knew that... Helps when you read the posts right. Good catch Joe!
    Joseph

Airforce Veteran (7 years)

NRA Life Member

Jr. Apprentice

checked the wiring on the transmission and xfer case. had some in the wrong places. bam no more lights. there is zero vacuum comming from the hose to the booster. its blocked in hydro boost trucks.

So I tapped directly off the PVC line at the manifold. works perfect. Enjoying driver her for the first time in a while.

Thanks for all your help guys :D