GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thumbs up I need a good used 4L80E Trans for my '96 suburban 2500 with a 454

I payed all kinds of money to have mine rebuilt and it went out after 1000 miles. Now I need to get this thing back on the road. Thanks!!
    Joe. 1996 Chevy Suburban 2500 with the 454 and the 4L80E.

No warranty from the re-builder?
    Joseph

Airforce Veteran (7 years)

NRA Life Member

Default Rebuild

I would guess that you have already contacted the intrested party and nothing was done! Well damn, put on the gloves and ring the bell! I would defenently be paying someone a visit bubba!! Heck tow it to the rebuilders and park it across the street with a big mutha ass sign dont say it! Yell it! Sell kool aid or ice tea ! Put on some burgers shake it up! Till they do some damage control to shut you up!! Lol! Works every time ! !believe me ! Tried and proven ! But carry a large stick with one a those signs ax handle will work for a sign stick make a party of it two days they will happily budge!
    TM4HAMMER1 !!
    96 SUBURBAN LS 7.4 L
    BIGBLACKBURB!!
    :slap:

Quote Originally Posted by tm4hammer1 View Post
    I would guess that you have already contacted the intrested party and nothing was done! Well damn, put on the gloves and ring the bell! I would defenently be paying someone a visit bubba!! Heck tow it to the rebuilders and park it across the street with a big mutha ass sign dont say it! Yell it! Sell kool aid or ice tea ! Put on some burgers shake it up! Till they do some damage control to shut you up!! Lol! Works every time ! !believe me ! Tried and proven ! But carry a large stick with one a those signs ax handle will work for a sign stick make a party of it two days they will happily budge!
    That does work. I worked at a cell phone service center for a large phone company and a guy who felt he had gotten a bad deal stood on the corner with a sign. It took 3 days, but the area manager saw him and said "give that guy whatever he wants" He got a new cell phone installed with all the goodies.

Just remember it takes some cajones to go "all in" but make a party out of it and make sure to put a call in to the local paper. You could even have some friends go in for an "estimate" and leave after asking about the "nut ball" across the street.
    There is no way to happiness....happiness is the way.:yipi:
    http://kx6ijq.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pcOFVNH4ix1hjyGUVyXK5LRfef7qSeWzlZDorpQhIEfkZ2ZA  _vXMYypuKMJFw671uF2ZPhjez_j-atRmcjM2zQKpQi1JSsB75/burb1.JPG
    High Desert SoCal
    93 K1500 burb (personal) 350 AT 3" Lift 250K+
    02 Honda Civic LX
    Looking for a 1990's Miata for an engine swap