GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by tlperry68 View Post
    I think you will ceate a 410 hp grenade. That motor wasn't designed to handle nearly 80% more output. Neither is the tranny, suspension, brakes, tie rods etc... Try to find someone else who did that and see if his motor lasted a while before the inevetable rebuild. Just a thought man I used to race cars (non pro) and these were common issues that came up.
    I also agree with this 100%. I have replaced all of his list

i would cut weight by going with superlight wheels, carbon roof and hood, and some other stuff if you are worried about blowing up your engine. this will not only help your accleration but also your handling and mileage.

Well i dont want a grenade! Is there a safe level of boost to run so i dont blow my motor to crap? What about an LS1 swap? I know that motor can take the boost pressure but i dont know if it will fit an my Tahoe,and what is the difference between my 5.7 and an LS1 5.7? I thought it was the block,intake,and heads, Anyone know? And i will hold off on the supercharger untill i do more mods thanks guys
    FoRdAsSaSiN

Quote Originally Posted by FordAssasin View Post
    Well i dont want a grenade! Is there a safe level of boost to run so i dont blow my motor to crap? What about an LS1 swap? I know that motor can take the boost pressure but i dont know if it will fit an my Tahoe,and what is the difference between my 5.7 and an LS1 5.7? I thought it was the block,intake,and heads, Anyone know? And i will hold off on the supercharger untill i do more mods thanks guys

No real safe level. The thing is man, it's not just your engine that is going to cave. It is everything from front to back that was never designed for the abuse. I learned the very hard way and didn't have any forum's when I was doing my build. Ask anyone on here, it is a very, very slippery slope once you start.

I'm not saying don't do it, just be prepared to do much more to the truck than what you expect to.

Sr. Engineer

Debated on a turbo for the Tahoe, glad we went with a supercharger. All our vehicles have Magnachargers in them. I am running 11.1PSI on my 5.3, 9PSI on the 6.0 SSS, and 8PSI on the TBSS, all stock engines (cams in the Tahoe and SSS).
    Black Bear Performance- Custom Tuning Solutions

Authorized EFILive and MAGNACHARGER seller

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12