GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Tire question

Default Tire question

Ok i have a 2005 1500 z71 seirra. Im going to need tires soon whats are there are the stock bridgestone dueler a/t P265/70/R17 they held up well 40K but id like to get something with alittle more rubber and maybe a more aggressive tred but at the same time I dont want to kill my gas mileage. anyone recommend aything? Id like something pretty hard so they last. pics of tirers on trucks are cool too if you have em.

Quote Originally Posted by peanutbunkerandjelly View Post
    Ok i have a 2005 1500 z71 seirra. Im going to need tires soon whats are there are the stock bridgestone dueler a/t P265/70/R17 they held up well 40K but id like to get something with alittle more rubber and maybe a more aggressive tred but at the same time I dont want to kill my gas mileage. anyone recommend aything? Id like something pretty hard so they last. pics of tirers on trucks are cool too if you have em.
    to the site and Happy Thanksgiving.....I had on a set of Toyo Open Country's on my truck a few year's back,and I was Very pleased with them and I got 42K miles out of them.I now have a set on my son's truck and he's really like's them.They are a nice riding tire,they are very good in wet road Condition's.

http://toyotires.com/tire/pattern/open-country-at

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

I'll toss in a vote for the Wrangler MT/R's Kevlar. Aggressive (noisy) tread. Bulletproof so far. No flats yet! I punish my tires off-road. So if you're mostly on the pavement you might want something less aggressive.
    There is no way to happiness....happiness is the way.:yipi:
    http://kx6ijq.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pcOFVNH4ix1hjyGUVyXK5LRfef7qSeWzlZDorpQhIEfkZ2ZA  _vXMYypuKMJFw671uF2ZPhjez_j-atRmcjM2zQKpQi1JSsB75/burb1.JPG
    High Desert SoCal
    93 K1500 burb (personal) 350 AT 3" Lift 250K+
    02 Honda Civic LX
    Looking for a 1990's Miata for an engine swap

yea, im mostly on road but would like something for when om out hunting offroad. what I have on there now preformed finee offroad just want some more rubber around those wheels wish I didnt have 17's If anyone has some 15 ill trade for them!