GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Fog Light Kit?

Default Fog Light Kit?

Hi guys, I'm new here and a proud owner of an '00 Silverado Z71. I was looking into installing fog lights as my truck doesn't have em. I was looking for a oem kit. How hard is this to do? Anyone have any input? Thanks!

Legend
    Blog Entries

Hi, and welcome to the site! Glad to have you! I am lucky, mine came with them. I'm not sure about a kit, but i think there might be one. I hope someone here has the answer for you soon. Good Luck!
    Eddie , 2000 Chevy Tahoe Z71 (old style)

Anyone? I heard there was a GM kit but am unsure.
    '00 Silverado Black Z71 Ext. Cab 5.3L 135K

Jr. Apprentice

I am looking into the same thing for my 02. I contacted my local dealer's parts division and they said since mine didn't come with it originally, that I would have to buy the whole foglight accessory package so I could get the wire harness, fog light assemblies, oem swith in the cab, etc for a grand total of $270 plus install if I didn't want to do it myself. They also said the body control module would have to be reprogrammed, which they could only do. Then, I found on amazon the oem switch from an ac-delco wholesaler for $30 and a company near me that sold the whole oem accessory kit for 160 plus 40 for the bulbs i wanted and that included install, saving me about $200+ that I would have had to pay the dealership for install. They said that the computer would not have to be reprogrammed if I just wanted them to be controlled by the switch and have no auto on capabilities, which I am fine with. The only reason I will buy the switch off amazon is because the people I am getting the kit from only have a generic switch and I wanted it to look as oem as possible in the cab, but thats my personal preference. So now all I have to do is wait for my next paycheck and I will have my foglights. The main reason that I didn't do the install myself is because I have NEVER had any luck with wiring and electrical in my truck and I didn't want to risk it this time.
    2002 Chevy Silverado LS 5.3L 2WD
    Spectre CAI
    Flowmaster 40
    6000K HID Conversion Kit