GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Headers and cat delete on 05 Z71 does any body have this set up ?

I'm thinking about cutting the cats out of my truck was wondering if anybody has done this on this new of a truck and how it works? also i'm looking at putting the summit racing headers on my truck and was wondering the same thing if anybody had this? also do they bolt right up or is there any mods i need to do to the factory mid pipe?

my buddy had his cats cut off on an 03 avalanche and the only thing is that the service engine light comes on because the emision of no cat to the 02 sensor behind the cat i can give you a link to his truck on youtube if you want!
    It's a strange moment when you realize that the sounds of nature.....is the sound of millions of animals, birds, and insects desperatly trying to get laid. KCCO

yea send me the link. has he been able to get the light to go off or does he just let it be?

sorry took so long lol been busy http://www.youtube.com/throttlethievesclub his is the white avalanche

I would not cut off the cats, emissions is a huge problem, and if you go with high-flow cats you will add power and keep the missions legal. I have a friend who cut the cats off of his jeep xj, and it was so loud a cop pulled him over, checked for cats, and then fined him because he did not have any. he just paid the fine and had to weld them on to get emissions done. just not a good idea

Sr. Engineer

The stock cats are high flow cats, why are you wanting to cut them off?
    Black Bear Performance- Custom Tuning Solutions

Authorized EFILive and MAGNACHARGER seller

i was thinking about purchasing these headers as well! can any one chime in that might have these already. are they easy to install? the price seems to good to be true considering gibson and edelbrock are 400 bucks or more! i know these are ceramic coated but still.

05 silverado Z-71 ext cab. 5.3 HO L33
    Flowmaster 40 series muffler
    MSD 8.5 mm super conductor wires
    AIRAID modular intake tube
    K&N stock box filter
    Granatelli mass air meter

Sr. Engineer

Just make sure you get long tube headers, shorties are pretty darn close to stockers.

Sorry , that i am jumping in to this thread.....i am new here.........i have a 96 5.7 Vortec Suburban and just stuck some SS Headers on it.
    I also whant to get rid of the cat's and maybe the EGR tube....is that posible ???
    My service light is on even though i changed the sensors ALL,,,,,still show's p134 and EGR ?!

Thanks .

Let me know what all you find, i have an 04 silverado with the 5.3, flowmaster exhaust, i'm looking into getting summit headers too! I notice you have a grantelli MAF, was it hard too put in? did you notice a diffrence? would you reconmend it?
    Nick-Larmie
    2004 chevy Silverado 4X4
    Cold Air Intake
    Chip
    Flowmaster

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by