GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 2008 Silverado sloppy cruise control

Hi, everyone. I've been driving a 2008 Silverado 2500 since April of this year. One thing that bugs me about it is that the cruise control does not start to correct until the vehicle speed varies by more than +/- 3mph from the setpoint.

This is the first vehicle I have driven that has such a sloppy cruise control. I beleive it to be a safety hazard because it slows down so much when going up the slightest incline, making the traffic behind you have to brake and go around. By the time they get next to you, the Sileverado starts to speed up again, making it look like I'm trying to block the other motorist from getting back into the lane.

Is there some programming the dealer can do to get some of the slop out of the cruise control?

Thanks.

Thats odd... our 08 Tahoe does not do that. I would contact your dealer service department and ask them.. should be under warranty
    -2007 Ram 2500 QC 5.9 CTD
    -2008 Taho LT1

"There aren't any problems in the world that can't be solved with the proper application of plastic explosives."

Yes indeed. Your cruise control can be adjusted if necessary. There are many other sensors that could cause the problem you are describing. Have you checked for any trouble codes?
    Jim

2004 SILVERADO 2500HD LS
    Pro Comp Leveling Kit
    285-75-16 Cooper ST All Terrains
    Pro Comp Programmer
    Bilstein Shocks
    Linux Bed Liner
    Tinted Windows

Other rides:

1967 Landcruiser <350 Chevy>
    1970 Camaro
    1990 Geo Metro Convertible
    2007 FJ Cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by Tommygunz View Post
    Thats odd... our 08 Tahoe does not do that. I would contact your dealer service department and ask them.. should be under warranty
    Thanks, I will ask them next time I'm in for an oil change.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmiee View Post
    Yes indeed. Your cruise control can be adjusted if necessary. There are many other sensors that could cause the problem you are describing. Have you checked for any trouble codes?
    There's no 'Service Engine' light or other malfunction indicator showing, so I haven't looked for trouble codes. Vehicle runs fine other than the cruise control.

Quote Originally Posted by n6vig View Post
    There's no 'Service Engine' light or other malfunction indicator showing, so I haven't looked for trouble codes. Vehicle runs fine other than the cruise control.
    The check engine light usually doesn't come on for non emission type codes so your best bet is to get it scanned.