GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 1993 GMC Sierra tranny problem

I recently got this 93 Sierra 4x4 5.0l with auto tranny that I have noticed has a strange tranny issue. The tranny seems to work fine once I am traveling down the road, however, when shifting out of park into drive or reverse there is a delay of about fifteen seconds or so before it shifts into gear. I have checked the universal joints and it is not that tyoe of issue just seems to be a delay in the tranny shifting. Any ideas as to what this could be and what I could do to fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by gaboytroupco View Post
    I recently got this 93 Sierra 4x4 5.0l with auto tranny that I have noticed has a strange tranny issue. The tranny seems to work fine once I am traveling down the road, however, when shifting out of park into drive or reverse there is a delay of about fifteen seconds or so before it shifts into gear. I have checked the universal joints and it is not that tyoe of issue just seems to be a delay in the tranny shifting. Any ideas as to what this could be and what I could do to fix it?
    Does the Transmission shift smoothly and quickly from the 1-2 and so on or does the Engine Rev up and then shift,....Have you checked the Transmission Fluid???....

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

Yea it shifts fine when driving down the road. It is only when you shift from Park into drive or out of reverse in to drive that it has a delay. Tranny fluid is good too.

Quote Originally Posted by gaboytroupco View Post
    You need to pull the pan and look. Either the filter is full of debris which means you have internal damage OR hopefully the filter dropped down out of it's seal. Some trucks came equipped with the wrong filter which can drop out of the seal and in some cases the filter may have been replaced with the wrong filter. Keep your fingers crossed!
    Jim

2004 SILVERADO 2500HD LS
    Pro Comp Leveling Kit
    285-75-16 Cooper ST All Terrains
    Pro Comp Programmer
    Bilstein Shocks
    Linux Bed Liner
    Tinted Windows

Other rides:

1967 Landcruiser <350 Chevy>
    1970 Camaro
    1990 Geo Metro Convertible