GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Whining knock/ drop in oil pressure at high speed, then stopped next day in town

I was in a hurry driving back to school on the interstate in my 99 Silverado 5.3L and noticed a loud whining knock coming from the engine bay with a drop of oil pressure down below 20. I was running about 85-88 for a while, then when I turned down my radio I noticed the knocking noise that sounded like I was driving a diesel. No check engine lights or any warning came on. I took and exit, parked and then it really sounded like I was driving a diesel. Gassed up, drove the rest of the way home and parked the truck. The next day, started it up and it was still whining like crazy make that same noise. Drove it in town and after a few minutes it stopped and oil pressure returned.

Any Ideas?

The 5.3 Gremlin.....he finally got away from my hoe....
    "You underestimate my willingness to resort to violence to resolve this conflict" :fighting0037:

2006 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT
    (8" Fabtech Suspension Lift, 3" Performance Accessories Body Lift, 37x13.50 Toyo MT's, 20" KMC Rockstar, K&N FIPK, Edelbrock Headers, Edelbrock Extreme Travel Shocks with Reservoir, MagnaFlow Dual Exhaust, Black Bear Performance Tune)

you may want to still scan it with a reader. sometimes a code will be stored without the light on for a little bit.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member