GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Thread: Air bags

Default Air bags

i am looking into putting air bags on the rear of my truck.. does anyone have these on their truck? or know anything about a better brand or model? ive driven for about 6 months and a coupld of times ive had it loaded down so much my bumber and rear hitch is almost rubbing the ground... my stock tires have bubbled out of the sides because of too much of a load but i just bought some 285/70's so i shouldnt have that problem... i just want to be able to sit my truck back up high when i have a heavey load on..

I have Air Lift Air Bags and I Love them.I all so have the on board Compressor & Controls in the Cab.It a Great setup.I like having the controls in the cab,so I can adjust the bags up or down depending on the load.

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

would you happen to have any pics of your bags, switches inside, and your tank/compressor? id love to see them!

i already have a 5 gallon tank with a viar 480 series 100% duty compressor that im running a train horn too! all i would need is the switches and bags!

I don't have any pics of my ride showing the bags.but here are the the Bags,Compressor & Controls I have on my Truck,

http://www.airliftcompany.com/ride_control.html

http://www.airliftcompany.com/quick_shot.html

Here is a picture of the Controls on my truck,

thanks! do they help a ton? i have honestly never hauled anything probably more that 7,000 or 8,000 lbs but i have had about 2200 in my bed while hauling a trailer.... i dont know much about bags or how they rate them.. do they have tougher one's??

and do they mess with the quality of your ride at all?

Quote Originally Posted by 99'HEARTBEAT View Post
    Here is a picture of the Controls on my truck,

i notice the gauge but which are the controls? the silver pannel on the bottom side of your radio??

The picture does not show it,but to the side of the Gauge is the Controls [Switch].Here is a pic from air lift,showing the Gauge & Controls.the switch is just to the right,its hard to see.
    http://www.airliftcompany.com/quick_shot.html

thanks! do they help a ton? i have honestly never hauled anything probably more that 7,000 or 8,000 lbs but i have had about 2200 in my bed while hauling a trailer.... i dont know much about bags or how they rate them.. do they have heavier duty and lighter duty one's??

Quote Originally Posted by lsutoms View Post
    thanks! do they help a ton? i have honestly never hauled anything probably more that 7,000 or 8,000 lbs but i have had about 2200 in my bed while hauling a trailer.... i dont know much about bags or how they rate them.. do they have heavier duty and lighter duty one's??

Air Lift has 2000lb bags and 5000lb,I have the 2000lb bags.I tow a Boat and boat,motor and trailer around 3500lbs.With that I run about 40 to 45lbs in the bags.With the bags my truck now ride's Better and Handles better,Does Not Bottom out,I will not tow without bags every again.

I would add one more item.I wanted to put on the 5000lb bags.But the shop that put on the bags told me that,I did not need the 5000lb,and that the 2000lb would do the job.The shop was right.2nd he told me that the 5000lb were for 3/4 trucks.
    Last edited by 99'HEARTBEAT; 11-30-2009 at 10:53 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by