GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Keyless entry just stopped

My keyless entry just stopped one day. I reprogrammed the remotes and it worked agian for about a day and now It won't work again!!! I tried to reset the system by disconnecting the battery but that didn't work... I'm thinking its the PDM, however, all functions still work on both doors!!

Any help?
    2004 Silverado 2500 HD 6.0L,Diablo Tuner, K&N, 9" custom suspension lift, 2" body lift 3" cowl induction hood, 37" Toyo M/T's 18" incubus wheels. Comp Cams 212/218 lsa 114, E-fan. Dual shock kit, Es bushings, moog chassis front end.

Hey you might need to get a new controller, same thing happened to mine. I thought I just needed a new battery so I went to Kragen got a new battery...it worked for like a day then didnt work so I thought it was the battery but they tested it on some machine type thing they have and it said the battery was fine they said it was the control...went to the dealer got a new one...works like new...hope this helps
    Joser
    2001 Silverado 5.3L
    13% tint all around
    7" Fabtech lift kit w/ leveling kit
    HD front end conversion
    Blacked out Billet Grille w/ Black Bow-Tie
    33x12.5x20 on 20x10 Fuel Hostage
    Smoked out tail lights
    Dual Flow Masters/ Exhaust Cut outs
    K&N CAI
    Custom Tuner
    Corvette Servo
    180 Stat
    10K HIDs

"Spending money on things we dont need to impress people we dont know"

Ok so today I took my passenger door panel off an un plugged my PDM. I put it back together and the alarm went off (good sign) i reprogrammed the remote and all worked fine. I was in class for about 4 hours and I go to get in it and bam battery is dead. This same thing happened when the remote keyless stopped working. So i jumped the truck it runs and lo and behold remote keyless wont work again. So I guess a new Power window switch (PDM) is in need. FML and I have finals coming up.
    2004 Silverado 2500 HD 6.0L,Diablo Tuner, K&N, 9" custom suspension lift, 2" body lift 3" cowl induction hood, 37" Toyo M/T's 18" incubus wheels. Comp Cams 212/218 lsa 114, E-fan. Dual shock kit, Es bushings, moog chassis front end.

How much was the "control"? What control are you referring to and how much did it cost? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by J_chevyman View Post
    Hey you might need to get a new controller, same thing happened to mine. I thought I just needed a new battery so I went to Kragen got a new battery...it worked for like a day then didnt work so I thought it was the battery but they tested it on some machine type thing they have and it said the battery was fine they said it was the control...went to the dealer got a new one...works like new...hope this helps

I think he may mean the remote? I've seen them from a sponsor here pretty inexpensive.

Charlie
    XS ive1:(^^^)
    2008 Silverado Crew LTZ Southern Comfort conversion
    SoCo cat back duals
    Volant CAI
    6" Pro-Comp lift
    ARE cap with Yakima rack system (winter)
    GM Hard tri-fold tonneau (summer)
    GM rear wheel liners

XS ive2:(avatar)
    2014 Silverado 2500HD CCSB LTZ Z71 6.6 DMax/Allison
    6.5" BDS 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers
    LineX/wheel liners/OEM tube steps/sunroof/slider/mirrors/Nav/cablights/trifold tonneau

Getting the toys to the track with a 2007 Roadmaster 7X12 V-Nose 7k tandem "Mobile Man Cave".

Yea sorry i ment remote, I got them from the advertising thing here, i think it was like $70
    Joser
    2001 Silverado 5.3L
    13% tint all around
    7" Fabtech lift kit w/ leveling kit
    HD front end conversion
    Blacked out Billet Grille w/ Black Bow-Tie
    33x12.5x20 on 20x10 Fuel Hostage
    Smoked out tail lights
    Dual Flow Masters/ Exhaust Cut outs
    K&N CAI
    Custom Tuner
    Corvette Servo
    180 Stat
    10K HIDs

"Spending money on things we dont need to impress people we dont know"

I have a new remote and Did the programming sequence which still didn't work. I got a new PDM and the key less door locks still will not work. but they all work with the buttons on the doors.

Master Mechanic
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by J_chevyman View Post
    Yea sorry i ment remote, I got them from the advertising thing here, i think it was like $70
    We are a sponsoring member of this forum and sell chevy remotes, let us know if we can help you!
    Visit www.gmpartsclub.com for all your Chevy Parts needs. These are factory OEM GM Parts with full GM warranty (unless otherwise stated).

Parts For: Buick / Cadillac / Chevrolet / GMC / Hummer / Oldsmobile / Pontiac / Saturn

877-347-6220 (New Expanded Hours)
    Monday to Friday - 7 AM to 6 PM Central
    Saturday - 8 AM to 2 PM Central