GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 2004 Suburban 1500

I just bought my Heaven on [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]Wheels[/COLOR][/COLOR] (04 black 1 owner LT with quads, dvd, 73k) a month ago, and now the rear doors won't unlock with the fob or switch, but the tailgate does. They lock with either (fob or switch), but never unlock? My other question is regarding my third row seat-I can't get the #1 release to release. When I pull up, the seatback moves a little, but not very much, and you Suburban owners know that you can't take the seat out unless you can get that seatback folded over. Any help from you wily vets would be much appreciated.
    Thanks

Legend
    Blog Entries

Well I know this might sound stupid but try it anyways, on my 05' I had the same problem with my rear doors. I took it all the way to the dealership to find out that there is a child safety mechanism built into the door, when you open the door look on the outside edge of the door where the latching mechanism would be. There will be a tiny white or black lever that will slide back and forth, if you have one of those try and push it to the other position and then see if the door opens normally. Hope this helps.
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

Thanks TRPLXL2. Tried it and it didn't work. It locks with no problem, but there doesn't seem to be any sound coming from the rear doors when I try to unlock them. And usually it's a noticeable sound.