GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Discount Tires - Good Customer Service

I called the local Discount tire shop down the street. They said that had two used Uniroyal 245 70r16s for me with 50% tread that they would let me have for $30 each. I said I was all over that deal.

I got there and they could only find one of them. So they gave me instead Pathfinder Trail A/P tires for the same $30! That is regularly $98 each at their list price.

Now, that's good customer service if I've seen it!

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

I've been really pleased with my local Discount Tires as well. Bought tires for the wife's Contour, and feel like I got a good deal, and really great customer service. They treated me courteously and promptly, and did what they said they would. I bought a full set of 4 tires, they had them mounted, balanced, on the car, and out the door in under an hour. I was pleasantly surprised.

Wait - did they sell you 2 NEW tires in place of the used ones?

Yes, two NEW tires for the $30 price. Saved me $68 per tire. I got out of there for about $90 after their lifetime warranty, mounting, disposal, etc.

WOW! No wonder you're excited! That really is great customer service. Was it the manager that gave you that deal? I wonder if anyone would get in trouble if you were to send a letter of thanks and gratitude.

Well, I thought at first that I walked into a bait and switch situation ... until they told me that they would honor the $30 price for new tires. I almost went ahead and bought the other two for the full price, that would have added about $220 on it for a total of about $300 for 4 tires. Would have saved me about $150 when all is said and done.

However, I need to spend $$ on other things like fuel, and the rear tires weren't all that bad so I'll roll with them for another 5-10K miles.

Overall I have had good luck with Discount Tire. I have almost exclusively bought all of my tires from them for about the past 20 years. In the last few years, I have noticed that they are not as fond of fixing flats as they used to be. I have been told on three separate occasions that the tire was too damaged to patch and they would only be able to sell me a new tire. On each occasion, I took the tire home and repaired it myself with a home patch kit with no problems. The last full set of tires I bought was from Firestone.
    Gary

99 K 1500 Suburban
    78 Silverado Big 10 w/factory 454
    00 S-10 Blazer
    1976 Trans Am
    1980 Honda CB900 Custom

There are so many Discount Tire shops that I would suggest you go to a couple of different ones when something like that occurs. I've notices that the stores that are closer to the freeways (like I-20 here in the DFW Metroplex) tend to get more of the emergency (like as in Stranded until I get new tires) cases so they're less flexible.

The shops that are in the neighborhoods like North Arlington or South Arlington ... far away from freeways ... tend to have better customer service.

Jr. Engineer

I have purchased tires from Discount Tires here and been pretty happy with the price but the last time we had some issues. I brought my wifes car in (2001 Deville) and when they put the 4 new tires on they broked the PSI sensor off one of the rims and made us come back the next day to get it fixed and then made me take it to the Caddy dealer to get the computer reset. If I were the manager I would have liked to take care of the whole thing before the customer came to pick it up and tell them about it after it was fixed.

Default RE: Discount Tire Company - Good Customer Service

Discount Tire has had my business going on 8 years and will always have my business if they keep up the type of Customer Service they've provided in the past. They're not the cheapest but most of the people I talk to actually have their head screwed on straight and I like the fact they only do tires so I don't have someone under my vehicle screwing around with other things. Now if they would just add alignments I'd never need to go to a mechanic.
    You may be a redneck if... you have spent more on your pickup truck than on your education. - Jeff Foxworthy :he:

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by