GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Please Help

Default Please Help

Hi all. I have a 2001 yukon xl, 5.3. a few weeks ago it started misfiring and stalling. the check engine light came on, and the code read for the crankshaft position sensor. i replaced the sensor myself, and cleared the codes. it ran fine for about 4 days and now it is back to stalling and misfiring. someone please help. if you can shed any light i would be forever greatful. what should i check next? is there any other steps i should take than simply replacing the sensor? thank you very much-Erik

What's the code for this time?
    Joseph

Airforce Veteran (7 years)

NRA Life Member

The truck has not given out any new codes, and the check engine light hasnt come back on. although, it was reading "system too lean" at the same time as the crankshaft position sensor

Ive gotten system too lean when my granitelli Mass flow sensor was going bad. try cleaning the maf and intake and running some seafoam through intake and fuel.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

DsFloyd, when your trucks MAF was acting up did you have similar problems with the idle? I guess my questoin is was it just the idiot light or a performance problem, and i am cleaning it as we speak, wish me luck guys