Results 1 to 2 of 2
05-27-2006, 07:23 AM #1
- Join Date
- May 2006
Newbie - 04TB from auction - ton of questions!
Howdy from GA! Just bought an 04 TB from the Atlanta Auto Auction. So far so good - it had 40K on the clock and the carfax came back as a one owner corp lease vehicle. I do have my suspicions that it might have been wrecked because it is so darn clean - paint is perfect. The front bumper feels loose - common? Anyway, I only paid $12.9K. I could also believe it was one owner because the orig sticker was in the glove box along with the owner's manual and a Diamond Rio cd - Bonus! Drove it on a small trip - 4hr there and back - seemed to behave perfectly. Perhaps I'm looking a gift horse in the mouth. The only problems I've seen are these - and need some help...
- the fan does nothing when switched to 1 and blows some in the off position?
- the TB only came with one FOB - the #2 and so far I can't program it
- the tire are orig and look good - I think I can get another 10K on them - may replace then - any ideas?
- may consider an extended warranty - has anyone bought one before after car purchase? - will the dealer consider selling me one?
- might like to add a newer model GM radio that has the satellite option - has anyone done this?
- I would like to add fog lights - can the brackets and wiring be pulled from a TB with fog lights or is this more trouble than it is worth?
Lastly - and thanks for your patience! as an 04 with 40K on the clock- what maintenance issues should I look for and what preventatives should I make sure I do... 8)
BTW... saw the 06 TB SS at auction - WOW! - Thanks for a great forum![/img]
12-13-2006, 02:50 PM #2
- Join Date
- Dec 2004
- Arlington, Texas, United States
- Blog Entries
RE: Newbie - 04TB from auction - ton of questions!
How's this rig treating you? Just saw the post.
10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)
Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today
By Daniels2386 in forum General Chevy & GM Tech QuestionsReplies: 3Last Post: 02-13-2010, 05:39 PM
By stocksilverado in forum Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)Replies: 13Last Post: 10-14-2009, 02:11 AM
By twiggy in forum Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)Replies: 4Last Post: 05-07-2009, 03:15 AM
By Lakerfan73 in forum General Chevy & GM Tech QuestionsReplies: 2Last Post: 08-24-2008, 09:58 AM
By 04TB in forum The Coffee Shop ~ Chit ChatReplies: 1Last Post: 12-13-2006, 02:50 PM
Tags for this Thread