GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Novel way to bleed brakes

I've been accused of looking for any excuse to buy a new tool. I saw the MaxPro professional brake bleeder tool on an episode of GearZ. It bleeds the brakes in a direction opposite of the normal method. The fluid is pushed from the wheel to the master cylinder. Any opinions pro or con? Like I said, any excuse will do, but I could use a fresh one to run by the wife. $370 for the Pro version and $80 for the DIY version.

Get it from: brakebleeder.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y195Pti7aFo
    There is no way to happiness....happiness is the way.:yipi:
    http://kx6ijq.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pcOFVNH4ix1hjyGUVyXK5LRfef7qSeWzlZDorpQhIEfkZ2ZA  _vXMYypuKMJFw671uF2ZPhjez_j-atRmcjM2zQKpQi1JSsB75/burb1.JPG
    High Desert SoCal
    93 K1500 burb (personal) 350 AT 3" Lift 250K+
    02 Honda Civic LX
    Looking for a 1990's Miata for an engine swap

I saw that episode too.
    I couldnt think of any reason this would be bad. I've got a mighty mite evac tool I've been using for a few years so I cant justify buying a new one just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    I saw that episode too.
    I couldnt think of any reason this would be bad. I've got a mighty mite evac tool I've been using for a few years so I cant justify buying a new one just yet.
    I never tell the wife that I already have a tool that will do almost the same thing. I mean a crescent wrench is ok, but a nice set of open/box wrenches is so much better.

I guess I'll wait for her to ask me to do the brakes on a girl friends car.....then hold the job ransom because to do the job right......... Devious, but the right tool for the job makes it go so much easier.

The only thing I can think of, without seeing it hands on, would be more mess at the master cylinder. I don't know how much pressure it would produce, but it's easier to clean up around the back of the wheel than in the engine bay.
    My wife watches GearZ with me, so I have to wait before I can bring up a tool idea.

Good luck,

1999 Chevy K2500 Suburban 350
    K&N, reworked cai, Thrush cat-backs
    Vinyl, cranks, floor shift, and rear air!

Think I saw that one too. $70 - 80 for a pressure bleeder seems like abetter idea. Pushing fluid toward master sounds messy and you'd be pushing dirty fluid into the master instead of clean fluid out to calipers. Sounds wrong to me.
    '02 Silverado 1500 Z71
    5.3L
    G80
    Stock
    [/SIGPIC]

If it's got tbplus's and unplugged's seal of approval, it's good enough for me!
    Christopher

1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 277K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage

Quote Originally Posted by unplugged View Post
    I never tell the wife that I already have a tool that will do almost the same thing. I mean a crescent wrench is ok, but a nice set of open/box wrenches is so much better.

I guess I'll wait for her to ask me to do the brakes on a girl friends car.....then hold the job ransom because to do the job right......... Devious, but the right tool for the job makes it go so much easier.
    The wife rarely says a word about buying tools, she usually encourages me to buy tools I need. I'm kinda cheap and dont spend unless it's a real good deal.
    Although today I did buy a new Ryobi Radial Arm Miter Saw, Kobalt drill bit set, and Ryobi Power Nailer at Home Depot today, but they were all on sale and with tax ended up less than $250.
    Now I dont have any more excuses for not installing wood flooring upstairs.

Jr. Apprentice

i think this ones a better setup. do all 4 wheels at once
    http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Pressu...nder,5790.html
    2008 Silverado 2500 HD Crew cab LTZ 6.0