GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I've also been thinking about adding two 12s (kickers) under my backseat. what size amp should i run? also wondering if i could change out my tweeters? what else would it take to run the 12s..just amp, subs, and capacitor right? dont mean to jack the thread...
    "AIRFORCE"
    2003 Chevy 1500 HD 6.0
    Crew Cab
    35" mud grapplers wrapped around 18" KMC XD Monsters
    RWTD tune
    true dual Flowmaster Super 44s
    K&N
    4.10 gears
    coming soon: cam, headers

Quote Originally Posted by TALL HD View Post
    I've also been thinking about adding two 12s (kickers) under my backseat. what size amp should i run? also wondering if i could change out my tweeters? what else would it take to run the 12s..just amp, subs, and capacitor right? dont mean to jack the thread...

The amp you get will depend on the subs...for 12's under the seat I would suggest Kicker Comps...they dont require a lot of air space or alot of power to sound great.

Dont waste your money on a capacitor...they dont produce power...they only work if there is already enough power to drive the system. If you get dimming lights etc you need a high volt alternator or run a second battery deep cycle battery.

Also, upgrade the "Big 3" - that is to replace the power wire between the battery and alternator, the ground from the battery to the chassis and the ground strap from the engine/tranny to the chassis with at least 1/0 AWG wire.

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

Quote Originally Posted by TALL HD View Post
    If your getting 2 kicker cvr 12's then I would use a amp that does at least 800 watts rms.
    Bagged 06 Silverado Crew Cab.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12