GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Door locks!! [Expired Topic]

2006 LT1.

Driver door doesn't always respond to key fob - suspect actuator going back or mechanic linkage malaligned. I will eventually crack this open and play.

However, two weeks ago - my rear liftgate lock stopped working. No actuator noise, no nothing. I cannot open lift gate hatch. Since there is no mechanical key, I have no way to open this to troubleshoot. I cannot find a dedicated fuze or relay not can I find any drawings to indicate a mechanical release.

Help, please. How do I open my lift gate hatcH? Where is the actuator for this door? Can I access it with the rear hatch closed?

Thanks for the help,
    Doug

Default Son's 2006 Tahoe rear hatch not unlock

Quote Originally Posted by wdirvin View Post
    2006 LT1.

Driver door doesn't always respond to key fob - suspect actuator going back or mechanic linkage malaligned. I will eventually crack this open and play.

However, two weeks ago - my rear liftgate lock stopped working. No actuator noise, no nothing. I cannot open lift gate hatch. Since there is no mechanical key, I have no way to open this to troubleshoot. I cannot find a dedicated fuze or relay not can I find any drawings to indicate a mechanical release.

Help, please. How do I open my lift gate hatcH? Where is the actuator for this door? Can I access it with the rear hatch closed?

Thanks for the help,
    Doug
    DOUG - Did you ever get the rear hatch to open? If so, please send me the details of what you had to do to get it to open.

My User Name is Pop2TahoeOwner

According to the owner's manual, there's a small hole next to the latch that you can push a sharp object through to pop the hatch latch....

I haven't tried it though... just bought the 'Nox and haven't had enough time to play with all the features as it is!

Quote Originally Posted by Pop2TahoeOwner View Post
    DOUG - Did you ever get the rear hatch to open? If so, please send me the details of what you had to do to get it to open.

My User Name is Pop2TahoeOwner
    I did get the read hatch open, but had to pay a small local shop to do it. They removed the trim work from the inside rear hatch. I thanked them, paid them and went to dealer and bought the new lock assembly and put it in myself.

anyone know where I can get a actuator for 2006 tahoe for the hatch