GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 96 Blazer sputtering after replacing gasket

Hey guy's. I have had some crappy luck with my 96 blazer lately. It kept overheating and then started losing water. So I started with the easy stuff. Replaced the Thermostat. Still lost water with overheating. Then I noticed the radiator was leaking...Replaced that. Totally unrelated but I also replaced the U-joints in the drive shaft around this same time cause the needle barrings were shot had that was a pain...Evidently you have to use a torch to melt the wax plugs out of the shaft to release the old u-joint. The I noticed the water pump was leaking. Replaced that to. Then it was leaking from somewhere down the motor poring down the bell-housing. After looking around I realized that under the air compressor was water so I bought a intake gasket set and replaced that. That was a pain and I had to pull the distributor out. I marked the rotor button to line it back up after re-installing it and the truck runs, WITH NO LEAKS! YEAH...But it seems to be sputtering at idle and when I floor it, it don't peal out like it would before but after it start going it smooths out. I guess it is a timing issue at this point. could I be one tooth off or something or would simple turning the distributor while running bring it back to running right...Here is some picks of the rebuild.
    1996 blazer 4.3 liter V-6
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0349.jpg   IMG_0350.jpg   IMG_0351.jpg   IMG_0353.jpg  
    2009 Chevrolet Silverado LT1 Crew Cab
    5.3 Liter 315 HP W/385 fpt
    6 speed automatic Transmission with Eshift
    Locking differential
    Dual Exhaust one in two out 2 1/4 inch pipes with 3 1/2 Chrome tips. "50 series Flow Master Muffler. Sounds awesome!
    20" wheels and Chrome Package
    15 % limo tint all the way around.
    You've got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.

I would re-install the distributor to make sure it was correct. How did you set the initial timing? Any dtc codes?
    There is no way to happiness....happiness is the way.:yipi:
    http://kx6ijq.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pcOFVNH4ix1hjyGUVyXK5LRfef7qSeWzlZDorpQhIEfkZ2ZA  _vXMYypuKMJFw671uF2ZPhjez_j-atRmcjM2zQKpQi1JSsB75/burb1.JPG
    High Desert SoCal
    93 K1500 burb (personal) 350 AT 3" Lift 250K+
    02 Honda Civic LX
    Looking for a 1990's Miata for an engine swap

I only marked the rotor button on the distributor and the back of the firewall. Once I put it back in I just lined it up with my marks..LOL...I no, crude way of doing things.