GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: P2761

Default P2761

With;

P0753
    P0758
    P0740
    P0785

Im getting these codes, I think theres a problem with he wiring harness that connects the converter to the tranny, either a dirty connector or either a a faulty ground, or something in the wiring harness...

whats do you guys think...??!!

This have helped me a little...: http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/pcm-t...dtc-p2761.html
    I am stuck at STEP 2... please if someone could help...

Thank you,

I haven't ever worked through that diagnostic chart, so I'm not speaking from personal experience. If I understand correctly, step 2 is simply asking you to hook up a scanner, record the freeze frame data, then clear codes. Then, because you're getting the other codes with it, they want you to move on to step 3: check ign 0 fuse.

Which part of step 2 are you stuck on: locating the freeze frame data or clearing the trouble codes? I would expect your scanner's documentation to describe each of those steps. Or am I completely misunderstanding where you're stuck?
    '98 K1500 Suburban LS 5.7 L 4L60E NV246 ARB
    '92 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4 4.0 L A4LD BW13-54 Trac-loc rear
    "My toys were the greasy cogs and springs and pistons that lay around all over the place, and these, I can promise you, were far more fun to play with than most of the plastic rubbish children are given nowadays." Danny in Roald Dahl's Danny The Champion of the World

Quote Originally Posted by Nick1 View Post
    With;

P0753
    P0758
    P0740
    P0785

Im getting these codes, I think theres a problem with he wiring harness that connects the converter to the tranny, either a dirty connector or either a a faulty ground, or something in the wiring harness...

whats do you guys think...??!!

This have helped me a little...: http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/pcm-t...dtc-p2761.html
    I am stuck at STEP 2... please if someone could help...

Thank you,
    What kind of a truck are you working on?
    Jim

2004 SILVERADO 2500HD LS
    Pro Comp Leveling Kit
    285-75-16 Cooper ST All Terrains
    Pro Comp Programmer
    Bilstein Shocks
    Linux Bed Liner
    Tinted Windows

Other rides:

1967 Landcruiser <350 Chevy>
    1970 Camaro
    1990 Geo Metro Convertible
    2007 FJ Cruiser

2004 silverado 5.3L vortec, crew cab, z71

2004 silverado 5.3L vortec, crew cab, z71
    Whenever you get all the transmission circuit codes like this it usually is a low voltage problem. You can check the voltage at the transmission fuse while cranking the engine. If the voltage is low <less than 9 volts> then you have found the problem. Probably the ignition switch but be sure the battery is in good condition with clean cables. If the voltage is not low at the fuse then check it right at the transmission harness. Make sure the plug is clean and dry. If there is ATF in the plug you need a new harness.

Okay!! Truck is getting in tomorow.. What is ATF?

Master Mechanic

Okay!! Truck is getting in tomorow.. What is ATF?
    Automativ Transmission Fluid
    -Dylan
    2004 Silverado 4x4
    4.8L
    1986 K5 Blazer
    8" Superlift w/39.5 super swampers
    1992 GMC Jimmy "Blue Bomber"
    4.3L Vortec

Listen,

I have taken the car on a lift to un-plug all the connectors on the tranny, I also found out that my batterie is almost done but still good... Apparently I should change it.

So I undid all the connectors, plays with the harness, replugged the connectors, replugged the batterie, cleared the codes and then the truck ran fine for a week. I parked the car for 2 days (I was out of town) then come back, I then ran the truck for a few hours, no where just like that the truck looses the first and second gear, starts direclty in third (when using 2 wheel drive) and sluggerish in AWD/auto mode. Again, I am driving my 09 silverado right now....but i need to get tha 2004 fixed..

I will bring it to a diffrent mec. this week end show him this thread, hopefully you two can find and fix my problem ;)

What was the solution to the problem? I have the same issue