GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by adampaul1964 View Post
    Nice work, I really enjoy home improvements and believe me my home needs some improvement! I just laid a tile floor in one of my basement rooms and it turned out pretty well. I have big plans for my bathrooms as well. Keep up the great work.
    After the New Year I'll try laying wood flooring for the first time, then a tile floor in my game room, I think these should be easy projects that wont eat a lot of time and leave the house with only two bedrooms and the livingroom that will be carpeted. I'm saving up to have Granite counters iinstalled in the kitchen because Granite gets mighty expensive if you screw it up, then I'm gonna take a weeks vacation in the spring to redo the master shower, plumb in a new Jacuzzi tub, and finish off the walls and counter top with tile, I did the masterbath floor with tile last year.

Quote Originally Posted by TRPLXL2 View Post
    Yeah actually I started off with that airbrush kit from Harbor Freight, and it worked really good for the money. Then I bought an Iwata gravity fed gun, and it was even better but just recently I purchased a Devilbliss airbrush, but I haven't gotten all of the parts for it yet. I still need to get a better compressor for the airbrushing, but honestly I like the precision of hand painting much better.
    I was thinking about getting the wife a Devilbliss airbrush for Xmas, she has a generic gravity feed that she used one=ce or twice and doesnt like. She really prefers using a brush also but on larger projects the airbrush saves a lot of time.

Legend
    Blog Entries

I bought my Devilbliss airbrush from House of Color's website, I also bought what is called the treasure chest. It has 100 bottles of HOK airbrush paint that is already pre-mixed, it is in squirt bottles which makes it very easy to work with. I also bought some stencils and stuff from them, I even have the "Real Fire" stencil but that is harder than it looks LOL!
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

Looks nice! Makes me want to redo my bathrooms!

Looks very good. Been in my house for just over a year and always have new projects lined up. I prefer to do most everything myself as well. Just takes time and money and hardly ever have either. Just ripped out two walls in the house before everyone was down for thanksgiving.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Sr. Engineer
    Blog Entries

Great job Tim, But I will be the guy that just has to ask where is the Pic of your truck with the materials in it?
    2009 Chevy Sliverado Std cab 5.3, 4 speed Auto 2wd, Trifecta Tuned
    1926 Model T Bucket powered by Chevy LS 5.3 TH350 and S-10 rear axle Build period Sept 7, 2010 to April 2011
    1979 Starcraft Islander 221 Great Lakes Fishing Boat
    SOLD: 2006 Chevy HHR The Deer Slayer.

Actually I made the wife pick-up all the materials in her HHR, I'd hate to get my truck dirty.

Thanks, I cant take credit for that tho, the boss told me what colors I'd be using.

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    The bathroom was a project I started last year, when my 25yr old daughter moved back home I quit working on it not wanting her to get to comfortable lest she forget she needs her own space somewhere else in the world, she recently found that space so I completed the bathroom.
    The bathroom got a new bathtub, tiled shower enclosure, a new tile tub seat, new tile on the floor, new toilet, new lighting, new glass sink bowl with custom made tile counter, waterfall fawcett, crown moulding, and textured/painted walls.

Wish I were half as handy as that would mean lesser expenses, be it for roofing, painting or tile contractors in Dallas. When the tile flooring in our Dallas home needed repair, boy, had I but little idea where to start. Really great job, man.

I have always wanted to make renovations on my porch. I love to relax in the porch while having a cup of black coffee. Hope to have enough money so spend for my next home improvement.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12