GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Angry s10 blazer electrical problems

hello
    i have 93 s10 blazer 4 door 4x4 5 speed, i have noticed that when i go over some bumps in the road, all of my electricial cuts out. an example is my lights, ignition, my idiot lights come on. i have the base model no power windows or cruise control. any help or suggestions would help me out a lot.

Unhappy S10 Blazer electrical problems

Quote Originally Posted by moneypitt View Post
    hello
    i have 93 s10 blazer 4 door 4x4 5 speed, i have noticed that when i go over some bumps in the road, all of my electricial cuts out. an example is my lights, ignition, my idiot lights come on. i have the base model no power windows or cruise control. any help or suggestions would help me out a lot.
    I'm having similar problems with my 1999 S-10 Blazer. I've noticed occasional different little things like the odometer/trip meter kink of flickering, automatic door locks not working. Last night when I started the car it was a little slow to come to an idle. When I drove off all the idiot lights we on or blinking, but went back to normal after a bit. This afternoon I can't start the car. It's like the battery is dead, but then a few things would work, like the radio display, radio anti-theft light, when I jiggled the ignition. The door locks don't work, I'm going to try to jump start it when my husband gets home, just to make sure it isn't the battery. I hope we an answer.

A couple of things come to mind. Since a bump in the road seems to trigger the event, I'd check you battery ground and the ground between the engine and the frame. Just in case, I have to ask if the battery is secured properly? A battery bouncing around can momentarily disconnect especially if the terminals are loose or show corrosion.

Lastly I check the dashboard grounds.

Let us know what you find.
    There is no way to happiness....happiness is the way.:yipi:
    http://kx6ijq.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pcOFVNH4ix1hjyGUVyXK5LRfef7qSeWzlZDorpQhIEfkZ2ZA  _vXMYypuKMJFw671uF2ZPhjez_j-atRmcjM2zQKpQi1JSsB75/burb1.JPG
    High Desert SoCal
    93 K1500 burb (personal) 350 AT 3" Lift 250K+
    02 Honda Civic LX
    Looking for a 1990's Miata for an engine swap

Hello I have solved the problem, my air cleaner was hitting my altenator and shorting everything out. We put some tape on both of them and no problems. : )