GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Lifting an 04 1500 (W/T edition)

ok so I got this truck last march because the interior maintenance is all but un necessary. It has a really nice exhaust on it that was put on by the previous owner, the windows are tinted, has a bed liner, no power anything which sucks ass.

Now it's really starting to grow on me and I'm wanting to do a few things here and there to the truck but nothing over the top as it's a Daily Driver and a V6 (though the guys at the local corvette performance shop wouldn't believe me until i popped the hood for them cause of the exhaust).

A couple of the things I'm wanting to do is lift it a bit throw on some more rubber and put on the aux/clearance lights.

So I was wondering if any of you had any suggestions for me on either or both of the things I'm wanting to do.

oh and btw it's a 2 wheel drive auto

P.I.Staker

If you want some bigger meat, a leveling kit would be a great place to start! Very cost effective and makes quite a difference. Good luck and posts some pics!
    If you find yourself slipping,.....tie a knot.....hold on tight

Black
    2008 silverado
    1500 crew cab
    5.3 L 4x4
    Borla exhaust, rbp black tip
    tint, bed liner
    2.25 in ready lift leveling kit
    18x9 rbp 94r
    33x12.5x18 toyo mts

what exactly is a leveling kt? i'm assuming it levels up the ride height in the front to match the back but seeing as how i have never had a truck before (had a jeep once that I was going to lift but got ran off the road) all this stuff is new to me.

And I will post up some pics ASAP but dont have any on this computer

NOT MINE but i like the look of this one, ride height and front bumper, I wouldn't change the fenders to the wider sets but i love that front bumper and the height it's sitting

Master Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by P.I.Staker View Post
    what exactly is a leveling kt? i'm assuming it levels up the ride height in the front to match the back but seeing as how i have never had a truck before (had a jeep once that I was going to lift but got ran off the road) all this stuff is new to me.

And I will post up some pics ASAP but dont have any on this computer
    you are correct.it levels the front end out with the rear.depending on what year truck and if its 2wd or 4wd, youll either get spacers for the coil springs or torsion bar keys.they also have full leveling kits which includes the hardware you need to raise the front and also includes blocks for the rear
    -Dylan
    2004 Silverado 4x4
    4.8L
    1986 K5 Blazer
    8" Superlift w/39.5 super swampers
    1992 GMC Jimmy "Blue Bomber"
    4.3L Vortec

it's a 2WD version and rough country is saying that their leveling kit only works on the 4x4...anybody know of anyone that makes something for the non 4x4?

also anyone know who makes that bumper skidplate combo in the pic i posted?

Cool Lifting an 04 1500 (w/t edition)

Fabtech Motorsports make a 3inch spindle kit for your truck. On 2wd trucks you have to be careful with adding coil spacers because if you go to high you cant get the front end aligned.

thanks for the advice, I want to do this the CORRECT way and the max I would go is 3 inches in the front and 1 in the back but I would be more than satisfied with leveling out the front as that looks to be about a 2" difference from stock.

whats the most rubber you can get under the truck with the leveling kit with out rubbing? I had some minor rubbing in my Lowered 2007 Subaru Forester so I just went down a tire size but now it doesn't fill the wheel well like I want it to but OH WELL.

Also, I dont want it to look like i lifted the truck and didn't have the money the tires that the lift was made to have under it if you know what I mean.

P.I.Staker
    Last edited by P.I.Staker; 12-15-2009 at 07:12 PM.

Cool Lifting an 04 1500 (w/t edition)

Daystar makes a 2inch kit for your truck. I think its part # KG09101BK, you might want to check with them on that part #.

Quote Originally Posted by P.I.Staker View Post
    thanks for the advice, I want to do this the CORRECT way and the max I would go is 3 inches in the front and 1 in the back but I would be more than satisfied with leveling out the front as that looks to be about a 2" difference from stock.

whats the most rubber you can get under the truck with the leveling kit with out rubbing? I had some minor rubbing in my Lowered 2007 Subaru Forester so I just went down a tire size but now it doesn't fill the wheel well like I want it to but OH WELL.

Also, I dont want it to look like i lifted the truck and didn't have the money the tires that the lift was made to have under it if you know what I mean.

P.I.Staker
    With a two inch leveling kit i believe you can run up to a 33 inch tire.
    If you find yourself slipping,.....tie a knot.....hold on tight

Black
    2008 silverado
    1500 crew cab
    5.3 L 4x4
    Borla exhaust, rbp black tip
    tint, bed liner
    2.25 in ready lift leveling kit
    18x9 rbp 94r
    33x12.5x18 toyo mts

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast