GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Tuff Country 2' suspension lift

I am looking to get a little bit of lift for my 96 GMC Sierra and I already know i dont want a body lift. I run across this kit http://www.suspensionconnection.com/...hevy-lift.html Would this be a good way to get a couple of inches of lift and is this a good kit?
    Last edited by Minimeh93; 12-16-2009 at 11:35 PM.

1996 GMC Sierra K1500, Vortec 5.7 Project Black on White (In Progress) Thrush Welded Muffler , 265 Mudstar M/T

Quote Originally Posted by Minimeh93 View Post
    I am looking to get a little bit of lift for my 96 GMC Sierra and I already know i dont want a body lift. I run across this kit http://www.suspensionconnection.com/...hevy-lift.html Would this be a good way to get a couple of inches of lift and is this a good kit?

I think u can have just that cheaper,,,20 bucks autozone blocks for the back and turn your torsion bars all the way up !!!!!!

SAME THING...........but u have to relize that its not good for the cv axles in the front ,,,,both , the kit or turning them up.

+ i think with 2" the most u can get on there is 33's , 35's will rub on the front bumper and on the inner fender in the back when u turn or hit a bump.

BEEN THERE !!

Thanks, yea Im trying to stay away from cranking. I just got my 265 mudstars a few months back so I don't want a lift that I will need bigger tires for. If I got this lift I would go to 285's at the biggest when it is time for new tires

1996 GMC Sierra K1500, Vortec 5.7 Project Black on White (In Progress) Thrush Welded Muffler , 265 Mudstar M/T

But even with this lift ,,,u need to crank the torsions. What the key's do ( my understanding ) is ofset the torsion bars when u crank them to provide soft ride compfort....thats all ?!

If u spend 600 bucks on a max 2-3 lift,,,get a 4-6 REAL kit for 1200 !!!!!!!!!

And u never have a problem and u can mount some cool 18's or 20's ?! Just my 2 c.

If u go from 265's to 285's.......thats not really gonna make a differents.
    I thik your truck looks cool the way it is.

Maybe some nice 17 ALCOA aluminum wheels that fit the way it sit's ?!

Thanks for the info! I'm kinda a Newbie to lifts and I was just throwing ideas around to do next. I don't think I'll ever be 100% happy with the way my truck looks!