GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 96 tahoe to silverado body conversion?

Iv got this 96 hoe thats in great shape. But iv already got a jeep grand cherokee. Wouldnt mind turning this hoe into a silverado. I figure since the body designs are so similar, chevy wouldnt stray far with the frame designs. Am I right to think this?

If so, what can be done here? its a 2 door, 2wd hoe. What silverado bodies will work on this frame? and what all will this project entail? i figure itll be a wiriing nightmare seeing as though the hoe will have many more wires running into the body vs a truck cab.

any input you guys have would be awesome. ill post over in the silverado subforum as well to see what theyv got to say

John

i vote look for someone that would want to trade..... i believe your frame would be to short to turn it into a standard cab short box....i would think you could sell or trade easily for a silverado.. i love 2 door tahoes have always wanted one..or i vote keep it and slam it as far as you can to the ground they look pretty mean lowered
    2004 chevy silverado "northwest edition" lifted on 35's

1990 cherokee lifted on 32's

A Chevy Tahoe that is a 2 Door & 2wd.....Those are Rare!!...I would do a 2/4 drop with some 08' Chevy Tahoe Alloy Rims.!!!

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

Quote Originally Posted by mehoff400 View Post
    i vote look for someone that would want to trade..... i believe your frame would be to short to turn it into a standard cab short box....i would think you could sell or trade easily for a silverado.. i love 2 door tahoes have always wanted one..or i vote keep it and slam it as far as you can to the ground they look pretty mean lowered
    i was afraid somebody might say that. since you like 2 doors, wanna trade for your truck? :D

oh, and i notice you have an xj.. click my username and search for my intro thread. think you might like what you see.. team unibody

Quote Originally Posted by 99'HEARTBEAT View Post
    A Chevy Tahoe that is a 2 Door & 2wd.....Those are Rare!!...I would do a 2/4 drop with some 08' Chevy Tahoe Alloy Rims.!!!
    i really dont care for it honestly. the 2door isnt horrible. its grown on me, but i dont like the 2wd. plus id like to have a truck bed