GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Thread: Lights

Default Lights

Anyone have any pics or videow of lights in their grill? Im looking at putting 2 or 4 running lights inside my grill... Not the most legal but still contemplating.. Also dont want them to be very visible when off during the day... Thanks!

im thinking about using fog lights to do so because of the small amount of space that i have.. i have about 2" in the top section of my grill and about 4" in the bottom section... and i'd like to match them with my HID color or very close to it.. im almost certain i have the 8000K

Default Nice Site

This is a nice site to get some ideas. They have a lamp for almost anything.
    http://www.rallylights.com/hella/Aux...LampsGrid.aspx

Ask trplxl2. I think she had lights behind her grill on her old truck.

Bagged 06 Silverado Crew Cab.

Legend
    Blog Entries

Yep I had an experience with the light behind the grille thing, unfortunately I never got a chance to wire them in because I had sold the truck before I had a chance. Although I will be doing this mod on my new truck, so I will post a video when it's done. Here's a couple pic's!

I believe this to be the best way to mount lights for some one who doesn't want a brush guard or rollbar, they are hardly noticeable in the day time but they look sweet behind there I think.
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

Legend
    Blog Entries

This is a picture of what the lights look like at night time, when a car would be coming towards you. They do show up nice and stealthy like, I also had halo's on mine which is why they have a ring around them LOL!

Master Mechanic TritonBoulder47's Avatar

I have 2 pair in mine...

Tim a.k.a. Da' Boulder

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Z71 - Custom Emergency Response POV

Firefighter, Fire Policeman, Ambulance Driver, Rescue Tech, Emergency Lighting Installer

Tint, 20's, Bull Bar, Intake, Exhaust, Billet Grill, Stereo, Custom Console, Emergency Equipment, and the list goes on...

Quote Originally Posted by TritonBoulder47 View Post
    I have 2 pair in mine...

do the lights in your grill in particular help a lot? and how do you have them rigged up? just to an on off switch or do you have them rigged to your highs or low's? im wanting to run some to my high's and a switch so i could use it either way..

Master Mechanic TritonBoulder47's Avatar

The lights in the grill are hooked up to their own switches... The inner pair and outer pair are controlled separately... The spread a good amount of light. These were part 1 of a project that I'm working on... Eventually the 4 behind my grill, and the 2 on the bull bar will be hooked up to a headlight flasher...

The inner pair are mounted on the diagonal radiotor support, and the outter pair are mounted on the plastic header panel that the headlights are mounted to...

When my high beams are on, my Highs, Lows, Factory Fogs, and Bull Bar lights come on...

Quote Originally Posted by TritonBoulder47 View Post
    The lights in the grill are hooked up to their own switches... The inner pair and outer pair are controlled separately... The spread a good amount of light. These were part 1 of a project that I'm working on... Eventually the 4 behind my grill, and the 2 on the bull bar will be hooked up to a headlight flasher...

The inner pair are mounted on the diagonal radiotor support, and the outter pair are mounted on the plastic header panel that the headlights are mounted to...

When my high beams are on, my Highs, Lows, Factory Fogs, and Bull Bar lights come on...

this might be too much to explain over the internet but is it easy to run them to your high's?? this is what im planning with mine when i get them done... i plan on putting HID's in them.. dont know if im putting 2 or 4 in my grill yet though.. also what kind of lights are they? i only have about 2" in the top section of my grill and about 4-5" in the lower section... this is my main problem is finding a light that will still put out enough light... dont know too much about them... they make some low beam running lights is that what these are??

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by