GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Magnaflow cat back

I just had a new catback exhaust system built for my 99 yesterday. I went 3 inch with a Magnaflow muffler. Wow it made a big difference in performance it is a bit loud for some but we really like it. My stock system was necked down at the end of the header so we cut it off there and went 3 inch all the way back. My muffler guy said he had never seen one like it and he had done a bunch of them. Anyway we are very happy with the results. :D
    05 Dodge 3500 4x4 DRW quad cab,Cummins,6speed
    99 GMC Suburban SLT 4x4-18's;K&N,Magnaflow
    2000 Jeep TJ work in progress
    06 Willie 17x54 Diamond Addition driftboat

Default RE: Magnaflow cat back

Very nice. You had it done at a local shop?

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Yes this guy is good he is building a 38 Dodge all mopar 2 door sedan thats very nice.

There are a few speed shops that do good work around here, but they charge a premium. There are the standard places, but I'm not sure if they can do aftermarket stuff very well. I'm caught in the middle on options. We need a "recommend/rate your local shop" forum on here I think.

Steve,

If you need some custom work done I can get you name of a friend of mine who owns a muffler shop just east of McKinney. It's quite a drive for you, but he's well worth it. I'm not sure what his rates are, but he is very fair.

Sidedrifter,

I put a bolt on Magnaflow cat back system on my 99 Suburban a few months back and love it as well. Nice mellow tone that sounds great and it improved my gas milage about 10%.
    Gary

99 K 1500 Suburban
    78 Silverado Big 10 w/factory 454
    00 S-10 Blazer
    1976 Trans Am
    1980 Honda CB900 Custom

Default Re: RE: Magnaflow cat back

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    There are a few speed shops that do good work around here, but they charge a premium. There are the standard places, but I'm not sure if they can do aftermarket stuff very well. I'm caught in the middle on options. We need a "recommend/rate your local shop" forum on here I think.
    This is a muffler shop he just builds himself some very nice toys he also built a Suzuki Samarai 4x4 with a Mazda rotary in it. Its a animal. He bolts paddle tires on it for the sand.
    Gary K I put Magna flow setups on all my rigs except the Dodge because it is still under warrenty.

This is the first time I have used Magnaflow, but I am very pleased with it. My wife's Durango, both of my Firebirds and my old truck all have Flowmasters. I put the Magnaflow on the Suburban because I have to carry clients occasionally and it not quite as loud as the Flows.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryL
    This is the first time I have used Magnaflow, but I am very pleased with it. My wife's Durango, both of my Firebirds and my old truck all have Flowmasters. I put the Magnaflow on the Suburban because I have to carry clients occasionally and it not quite as loud as the Flows.
    LOL, I can relate. We have to make our toys civilized sometimes!

I have the same magnaflow too and love it, you can usually get a used one on ebay or cragislist. I wanted a valid warranty so I got it here. Magnaflow 17903. Also some of the forum sponsors usually have a sale going on. Either way its a great exhaust system, sounds great, and very easy to install.