Results 1 to 2 of 2
10-05-2010, 11:39 AM #1
- Join Date
- Dec 2004
- Arlington, Texas, United States
- Blog Entries
Trailblazer 5.3 v8 - Anyone had one?
I'm looking at a 2006 Trailblazer EXT LT with the v8 engine. Anyone had one of these? I know what to expect from the 4.2 I6, but the 5.3 v8 has the active fuel management on it and I think that goes back to 2006, can anyone verify that?
I summarized this information from the Wikipedia article on the 2006-2009 Trailblazer:
- 4.2 I6 Engine is Standard
- 291 hp (217 kW) 277 lb·ft (376 N·m) all-aluminum 4.2 L "Atlas" LL8 inline-six engine
- The inline-six makes the TrailBlazer the most powerful six-cylinder SUV in its class.
- 5.3 V8 Engine is Optional
- 302 hp (225 kW) 330 lb·ft (447 N·m) aluminum small-block 5.3 L V8 with Active Fuel Management
- The Active Fuel Management system on the V8 engine shuts off 4 of the 8 cylinders during highway travel and idle to save fuel.
10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)
Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today
10-05-2010, 07:22 PM #2
It goes back to at least 05 a friend of mine has an 05 with the 5.3. His also has the active fuel management.
07 NBS Crew cab SLT 4x4
By bigdaddy77084 in forum General Chevy & GM Tech QuestionsReplies: 5Last Post: 08-29-2010, 06:14 PM
By Steve in forum Chevy Trucks For Sale eBayReplies: 0Last Post: 07-13-2010, 05:40 PM
By Steve in forum Chevy Trucks For Sale eBayReplies: 0Last Post: 02-06-2010, 04:30 PM
By Cableguy in forum Chevy Trailblazer Forum (GMC Envoy)Replies: 10Last Post: 09-10-2007, 04:18 PM
By Steve in forum Chevy Trailblazer Forum (GMC Envoy)Replies: 14Last Post: 05-06-2007, 11:42 PM