GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 03 Quadra Steer "Service 4 Wheel Steer"

Over the weekend the "Service 4 Wheel Steer" came on the instrument panel. I don't have a check engine light on but I presume it *may* throw a code?

Anyone know the common causes for this? What are the steps I should take here...

thanks,
    -matt-
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    2003 K2500 Sububan 6.0L w/Quadrasteer
    190,000 + miles

---------------------------------------------------------------

I'm in the same boat...

My 03 Sierra Quadra has the "Service 4 Wheel Steer" come up on the instrument panel and it's locked in 2 wheel steer.
    I'm soooo bummed, I love my "JoeBerben" and really need it fixed. I don't know anyone qualifed to do the work.
    I live in Rancho Cucamonga, San Bernardino, CA.

All the best,

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by meash20 View Post
    Over the weekend the "Service 4 Wheel Steer" came on the instrument panel. I don't have a check engine light on but I presume it *may* throw a code?

Anyone know the common causes for this? What are the steps I should take here...

thanks,
    -matt-

unfortunitly thats not something many of us (almost all of us i think) have played with, ive only seen one truck ever in person with it, and have never driven one.

dealer or a good trusted mechanic would be all i could recomend.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

I ended up doing it myself, I was able to get a deal on the QS-motor from the dealer... Was really simple to replace, if I recall it was something like 8 little bolts and 2 electric housing clips. Been doing fine since!

- - - Updated - - -

Occasionally the light will come on, and then go back off. Generally this happens if you grab the steering wheel at startup.. I believe it throws off the calibration at startup... As I'm closing in on 200k miles... I've asked a friend who deals in trucks to keep his eyes out... Man I love this QS, too bad GM ruined the marketing of it...