GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Where does the vacuum hose from the distributor go to on a 1985 Chevy Pickup w/350?

Hey I was changing a valve cover gasket for a relative; I noticed the vacuum hose from the distributor is broken.

Where does it go to? I want to fix it

Anyone have a link to the diagram also?

Thanks..

Quote Originally Posted by elsmacko View Post
    Hey I was changing a valve cover gasket for a relative; I noticed the vacuum hose from the distributor is broken.

Where does it go to? I want to fix it

Anyone have a link to the diagram also?

Thanks..
    The vacuum hose goes to a delay valve and through a thermostatic switch on the manifold and then to manifold vacuum. You can bypass all that and hook it directly to manifold or ported vacuum. On my old 85 I had it hooked to ported vacuum and it worked great. If you want it stock, or you need it stock for smog check then you will need the diagram. My truck still had the vacuum line sticker on the radiator support. There are several different ones depending on if you have a Federal or California emissions.
    Jim

2004 SILVERADO 2500HD LS
    Pro Comp Leveling Kit
    285-75-16 Cooper ST All Terrains
    Pro Comp Programmer
    Bilstein Shocks
    Linux Bed Liner
    Tinted Windows

Other rides:

1967 Landcruiser <350 Chevy>
    1970 Camaro
    1990 Geo Metro Convertible
    2007 FJ Cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmiee View Post
    The vacuum hose goes to a delay valve and through a thermostatic switch on the manifold and then to manifold vacuum. You can bypass all that and hook it directly to manifold or ported vacuum. On my old 85 I had it hooked to ported vacuum and it worked great. If you want it stock, or you need it stock for smog check then you will need the diagram. My truck still had the vacuum line sticker on the radiator support. There are several different ones depending on if you have a Federal or California emissions.
    Alright; what I'm looking for is the quickest easiest way to hook it up to anything, that will allow it to run good. It's probably a fedarl emissions.

Is there one quick easy place to hook it up, or can I plug it? Right now it is not plugged in, and it seems to not accelerate good if I floor it.

I'm looking for a quick dirty easy way to get it back on the raod. In the spring I will re-do them all.

you will have to find a port below the carb butterflys that looks to be missing a line. somewhere on the front of the carb or manifold.