GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Show your work truck

If you drive a truck for work post a picture of it.

Heres my 2009 Chevrolet 6500 series box truck
    She has power steering, air brakes, power windows & locks, cruise, tilt steering, full gauge option, leather air ride seats with fold up arm rests on both sides, 6 disc CD player, and GPS.
    Motivation is a Duramax engine wth an Allison 6 spd.
    The rear box is lined with extruded aluminium and 3 wall mounted tie down tracks around the perimiter at 1', 3, and 6' high for cargo security.
    The front of the box has a stainless steel work bench from side to side with 110 and 220 electrical outlets and compressed air connections, storage bins overhead, and a removable 5' tall Matco roll-a-way tool box.
    Under the floor we mounted a 25KW generator to run test equipment and a 3 stage Ingersol-Rand compressor capable of 3000 psi air.
    The truck was designed as a delivery vehicle and portable repair facility for hospital installed equipment.
    Unfortunately I cant post pictures of the interior.

This is a truck I saw for sale while at work, I wouldnt mind having it for a work truck but with a $85k price tag I dont think I'll get it soon.

The truck was built for a Ski Lodge in Colorado, it's 4wd, has Road Armor front and rear bumpers, and 6 DVD viewing screens. Dont know much other than that.

Here are some of mine.
    99 Luverne Rescue
    04 Crimson Engine
    90 Pierce Engine
    Our '79 Snorkel won't fit in the station - it's at the public works building. We are expecting it's replacement in Sept. - A Smeal 100' platform. A new station would be nice...

1999 Chevy K2500 Suburban 350
    K&N, reworked cai, Thrush cat-backs
    Vinyl, cranks, floor shift, and rear air!

I like the Pierce trucks, my uncle used to collect old fire trucks and had about 4 or 5 Pierces dating quite a ways back, I think some were from the 40's.
    I was drooling over the late 70's Brush Truck Steve had had listed on here for sale on E-bay a few months ago.

Yeah, the ol' Pierce is pretty cool. He gets right down the road; sounds like a fire truck, feels like a fire truck... We had it painted about four years ago, and I took it out to the body shop, completely empty - that big Detroit sure gets the job done!!

I don't remember seeing the one Steve listed. We had a "Pierce" mini-pumper for a long time, which was a 79/80 GMC 1 1/4t with a utility box. Lots of stories with that rig. One of the FF/farmers bought it and put a flat bed on it. It's still kickin'.

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    If you drive a truck for work post a picture of it.

Heres my 2009 Chevrolet 6500 series box truck
    She has power steering, air brakes, power windows & locks, cruise, tilt steering, full gauge option, leather air ride seats with fold up arm rests on both sides, 6 disc CD player, and GPS.
    Motivation is a Duramax engine wth an Allison 6 spd.
    The rear box is lined with extruded aluminium and 3 wall mounted tie down tracks around the perimiter at 1', 3, and 6' high for cargo security.
    The front of the box has a stainless steel work bench from side to side with 110 and 220 electrical outlets and compressed air connections, storage bins overhead, and a removable 5' tall Matco roll-a-way tool box.
    Under the floor we mounted a 25KW generator to run test equipment and a 3 stage Ingersol-Rand compressor capable of 3000 psi air.
    The truck was designed as a delivery vehicle and portable repair facility for hospital installed equipment.
    Unfortunately I cant post pictures of the interior.
    I knew it! I knew you worked for Hil-Rom! They're one of only a few medical equipment suppliers...as you know. 25KW generator??? That' gotta be a 3-phase 480V generator. What could you ever have to power with that much juice. I can understand the 3000psi compressor, since that's used in breathable air systems, and paintball. Now to figure out what cell phone company or cell contractor unplugged works for....

Unfortunately/Fortunately, I don't have a work truck. I can post pictures of the desk I drive and my office that looks like I had a run-in with the mob though. I'll have to take them tommorow when I go into the office.
    Christopher

1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 265K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage

Quote Originally Posted by Crawdaddy View Post
    I knew it! I knew you worked for Hil-Rom! They're one of only a few medical equipment suppliers...as you know. 25KW generator??? That' gotta be a 3-phase 480V generator. What could you ever have to power with that much juice. I can understand the 3000psi compressor, since that's used in breathable air systems, and paintball. Now to figure out what cell phone company or cell contractor unplugged works for....

Unfortunately/Fortunately, I don't have a work truck. I can post pictures of the desk I drive and my office that looks like I had a run-in with the mob though. I'll have to take them tommorow when I go into the office.
    The generator powers equipment being tested.
    How do you know so much about medical equipment suppliers? Even though it's officially the largest medical equipment supplier and manufacturer in the U.S. most people dont even know it exists.
    Last edited by tbplus10; 01-05-2010 at 08:12 PM.

I happen to work around a building with a couple dozen Hil-Rom and other brand beds and medical equipment of various sorts. Very fine equipment. I think we may have a couple of Hil-Rom beds kicking around from when they didn't have any electronics or hydraulics on them. I figured the genset was for testing equipment, I just couldn't imagine any medical equipment or any combination of equipment that could possibly need that voltage or that much load. I'll shoot you a PM...

Jamie

2007 Ford E250(Work van) (Ya, Ya, shut up!)
    1996 GMC Sierra SLE 1500 5.7L/4L60E

Cableguy, did they swap you out to the bucket truck, or do you now run both trucks depending on what your task for the day is?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast