GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Adding a Body Lift to my 5" RC Lift

Quick question here...I have an 08' Sierra with a 5" RC suspension lift and 35x12.5 Pro Comp All Terrains. Needless to say at full turn and a little front end compression I get a little bit of a rub from the plastic air dam under the chrome bumper. Now I have trimmed the plastic on the inside of the fender a little but do not really want to cut into an exposed part of the truck. If I add a 1.5" body lift is there anything I need to watch out for like cables too short or anything along those lines or can I just get the blocks and add them in with no issue?
    A man must believe in something...I beliveve I'll have another!

08' GMC 1500 All Terrain Z-71 4x4 GMC Performance Exhaust and Air Intake, 5" Rough Country Suspension Lift, 2" RC Leveling Kit, RC 1 1/2" wheel spacers on back end with 325/65/18 Toyo Open Country AT's, Line-X over the rail spray in Bed-liner, Go-Rhino Steps, under-the-tailgate tail light strip...and counting!!

09' Cadillac CTS-V OMG Fast 550+/- HP 6.2l Supercharged V-8...not your GrandDaddy's Caddy:happy:

Quote Originally Posted by Slim-pickins View Post
    Quick question here...I have an 08' Sierra with a 5" RC suspension lift and 35x12.5 Pro Comp All Terrains. Needless to say at full turn and a little front end compression I get a little bit of a rub from the plastic air dam under the chrome bumper. Now I have trimmed the plastic on the inside of the fender a little but do not really want to cut into an exposed part of the truck. If I add a 1.5" body lift is there anything I need to watch out for like cables too short or anything along those lines or can I just get the blocks and add them in with no issue?

I think with 1.5 inches u should be fine...but while your instaling it u need to watch out, also the steering,shift and all that needs to droop 1.5 inches.

1996 Suburban K3500 SLT DUALLY
    1988 Camaro RS 383 stroker LT1
    1992 32' Aero-tek Race Boat, 600 CI BBC
    WE CAN STICK A DIESEL IN ANYTHING
    SPECIALIZED IN CUSTOM CONVERSIONS OF ANY KIND
    Scott:glasses: