GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Best Buy Customer Service - You Wont Believe This!

Ok, so my camara died back in early November. So it was like a $299 camera like 4 year ago plus it had the Geek Squad warranty on it, which was like $50 or so. Total purchase price was $350, like in early 2006.

So, the battery lid got worn out. It wouldn't make contact with the batteries and there was a 2 or 3 pixel dead spot in the camera LCD window that I wanted looked at. It went off and on actually.

So I dropped off the camera in the Geek Squad on 11/12/09 and they went through all the stuff and sent it in. Took about a MONTH to get it back, but when I did the battery tray was replaced. However, they didn't even look at the other stuff. PLUS, the LCD window was cracked, like big-time-cracked where 10% of the window was black. They tried to pry it off and it broke it, pretty clear.

So I had to sent it back in and the guy didn't record well enough that it was Geek Squad damage ... so they tried to repair it, etc. Then they figured it was going to be too much and sent it back ... just arriving yesterday 12/28/09. It had a balance to be paid for repair time too, becuase they couldn't find an error.

So I figured it was just a mishap and I can never get ahold of the geek squad guys on the phone, guess there are just too many phone calls with the holidays right now. But, somehow it showed me the General Manager (I think on the website) for the store. I got him on the line, he looked into it and said he would give me a call back.

So, about 2 hours later I got a call from him. His name is Erik and sounds like he's not had a day off in a month, maybe he hasn't.

We chatted and he say in my account (and I think I mentioned it too) that I bought another camera at a different Best Buy around Thanksgiving, so he just went ahead and said they would just junkpile my existing camera and refund my credit card for the camera that I just bought, which was about a $250 camera (Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H20) and it FAR superior to my 4-year old Olympus.

Wow, that's some customer service. I was a little bit off-put by having to get a new camera, but this more than makes up for it all. I think I'll be heading back to Best Buy from now on to get my new TV and Blu-ray player, not to mention a new netbook for the wife and a new 1TB hard drive for backup storage.

Two thumbs up! People often ask if those warranties are worth it or not ... looks like they are. Oh, and make certain to put all of your purchases on your account/phone number!

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Legend
    Blog Entries

You know when the Geek Squad came around, there labor actually doubled from when they had the Best Buy crew back there. They had sent my Mac out for some work, and when it came back it looked like they dropped the keyboard on the floor and then packaged it back up. It had a huge chunk missing out of the corner, and it was missing two keys. They gave me a new one with little hassle, and that is why I also go back to Best Buy.
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

Sounds like they took care of you the right way and made you a permanent customer.

It just so happens that we need a bunch of stuff.

- Monitor for my home computer - probably a 24" widescreen.
    - TV for the house - probably a 48"+ LCD
    - 1TB+ Hard Drive to store movies and photos on
    - Netbook for the wife as her HP got dropped too many times to be reliable anymore
    - that's about it for now...