GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by
    Sr. Apprentice

Default led bulb question

hey guys... i am slowly swapping all my bulbs out on my truck with led ones... just got some super whites for my license plate and found these headlight bulbs on ebay... wondering if anyone had used them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LED-S...ht_5227wt_1026

and

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-18-...ht_4461wt_1025

thanx all...
    2003 Exteded Cab Silverado
    Black and Pewter
    5.3L
    4x4 Z71 Package
    Trailer Towing Package

Mods:
    Line-X Bedliner
    Billet Grill
    Tinted Windows

Go Here and save yourself some money

http://www.ledlight.com/

the fog light specs only show 150 lumens and the headlight bulp also has the same amount of leds as the fog lights so i assume the head lights are also 150 lumens which is not very bright. normal head lights are around 700 lumens. my hids are 55w 5000k and put out 5000 lumens.just something to think about

Legend
    Blog Entries

I had the Putco white LED tower 360 bulbs $70 a pair, in my tail lights and they were crazy bright! I couldn't imagine using them in my headlights or fog lights, but I can vouch that they are awesome for reverse lights or blinkers/ running lights.
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

Master Mechanic TritonBoulder47's Avatar

LED technology isn't advanced enough to be used in a headlight application... For signal, brake, running lights they are great, but they'll need a load equalizer to make them function properly as a signal light.

Tim a.k.a. Da' Boulder

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Z71 - Custom Emergency Response POV

Firefighter, Fire Policeman, Ambulance Driver, Rescue Tech, Emergency Lighting Installer

Tint, 20's, Bull Bar, Intake, Exhaust, Billet Grill, Stereo, Custom Console, Emergency Equipment, and the list goes on...

Sr. Apprentice

ok thanx guys.. i just thought they were pretty neat... will probably just go with some silverstars or go super chaep and get some bulbs off of the ebay... thanx again.

Quote Originally Posted by TritonBoulder47 View Post
    LED technology isn't advanced enough to be used in a headlight application... For signal, brake, running lights they are great, but they'll need a load equalizer to make them function properly as a signal light.
    Sorry to bust your bubble, but LED headlight technology DOES and has existed for some time now. The military has been using it, and its becoming more and more available to civilians. I've got a set on my hummer here in Afghanistan. Just see these articles and websites...

http://www.teakatoys.com/ProductDeta...Code=TL-27250C

http://www.electronicsweekly.com/Art...n-the-year.htm

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/gadgets/f...ies-210326.php
    ROTARYENGINEPETE
    '07 GMC SIERRA SLT | Z71 | 4X4 | 5.3L FF

LIFT:
    ROUGH COUNTRY 3" PREMIUM SUSPENSION LIFT + ADD-A-LEAF
    18" ATX THUG WHEELS
    33" NITTO TRAIL GRAPPLER TIRES
    EBC SPORT ROTORS
    EBC YELLOW STUFF BRAKE PADS
    LIGHTING:
    HELLA/VVME 4300K HID LOW BEAMS

HELLA BLACK MAGIC OFFROAD LIGHTS
    ANZO USA PROJECTORS HEADLIGHTS
    ANZO USA LED TAIL LIGHTS
    ENGINE:
    K&N 63 SERIES INTAKE
    MAGNAFLOW CATBACK D.O.S.I.F.T. EXHAUST
    BULLYDOG TRIPLE DOG GT TUNER

PULSTAR IGNITORS
    OPTIMA RED TOP
    DRIVETRAIN:
    YUKON 4.56 GEARS
    MAG-HYTEC DIFF COVER
    CORVETTE SERVO
    TRANSGO SHIFT KIT
    Z-PACK 3-4 CLUTCH
    REBUILT WARN XFER CASE
    BODY:
    RUNCOOL HOOD LOUVERS
    FULL WEATHERTECH VISORS/BUGSHIELDS
    DUPONT BEDLINER

DEEZEE BLACK DIAMOND PLATE BED CAPS
    BULLDOG LOCKING SPORT FUEL DOOR
    DOOR MOLDINGS REMOVED
    CUSTOM WIRE MESH GRILL
    BUSHWACKER BOSS FENDER FLARES
    CB THRU GLASS RADIO ANTENNA

5.5sec 0-60mph on pavement (5.2sec running E85), and a little less in 3 feet of muddy water

if you REALLY want to convert your headlights to LED, the resources are out there. It will probably be expensive, but Hella, LightForce, Truck-Lite, and PIAA arlready have and/or are bringing to market these products. You will have to dig to find them, but they are available...

info from one of the links:

The translation of forward lighting to a 12 volt LED headlamp application means brighter, crisper and whiter light output than incandescent alternatives, while offering longer life and greater dependability that has since become standard for LED signaling and marking products. LED HeadlampThe 7” round LED Headlamps feature solid-state circuit board assemblies for unrivaled shock and vibration resistance and hard-coated polycarbonate lenses that offers 30 times more impact strength than glass. All of these key features work toward a desired goal among end user’s, achieving a maintenance free system.

The US Military has acquired more than 100,000 Truck-Lite 24 volt 7” round LED Headlamps since the release in 2007 for use on both new and existing wheeled and tracked vehicles in Iraq and Afghanistan. After passing rigorous testing and design improvements through corporate laboratory and field studies, Truck-Lite’s 24v launch is currently active on a number of military vehicles. The LED Headlamps have also undergone extreme weather testing at military installations in Panama, Arizona and Alaska with exceptional results! From this success, the 12 volt version is being introduced with countless possibilities for the commercial market.

The 7” round white LED Headlamps meet or exceed all applicable Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements pertaining to headlights, one of the most difficult standards to achieve. Truck-Lite has been able to successfully develop a perfect blend of thermal management and light output to produce an aesthetically pleasing beam pattern through innovative precision optics. The new LED headlamps are designed to replace any standard 7-inch round headlight within 12 volt applications. They can be aimed using standard mechanical aiming equipment.

Made in the U.S.A., each headlamp uses ten high output LEDs as its light source, with a light output brighter than traditional glass beam headlights, which results in better visibility. While a typical headlamp may be rated to last as little as 1,200 hours, Truck-Lite LED Headlamps are expected to exceed that by as much as 50 times. The LED technology used in Truck-Lite’s Headlamps will offer improved visibility over conventional incandescent, as the color temperature of the assembly is around 5000K, far closer to sun light than incandescent or halogen lamps.

Hi,
    I bought a new car and planning to have some special lights to my car and i got a information about some of special lights.thanks for your information.

metal halide floodlights
    mobile metal halide floodlights

lmao! now thats how you hijack a thread,

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by