GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 08 projector headlights

can somebody tell me on the projector headlights for my 08 ls crew cab if i need to get the projector lights with the projector on the top or bottom. i know the stock lights have low beam on top so should the projector also be on top???

these? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/07-08...Q5fAccessories

or these??
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHEVY...Q5fAccessories
    2010 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT QCSB HEMI 2WD MANGO TANGO
    DiabloSport U7137_Sport Grille_Color Matched Quad Headlites w/4 mini H1 bixenon projectors
    General Lee Horn_Flowmaster_Shorty Antenna_Debadged_20%tint_B Pillar Blackout Removed

I have mine on the bottom and doesnt seem to make a difference from the stock headlights, just looks better to me.
    I have the headlights from the bottom link.
    1994 GMC Sierra 1500
    4" Rancho Suspension Lift, 2" Body Lift
    33" Tires
    True Duals with Cherry Bombs, Brush Guard, Cowl Hood

Sold 2008 Silverado Crew Cab 4x4 Z71

Legend
    Blog Entries

I have an idea of why they did them like that, I had bought a set for my 05' Silverado which had a 6" lift on it. The adjustment screws inside of those housings are very short, and only allow for minimal adjustment. I actually broke both of my adjusters trying to compensate for the lift on my truck to get the light beam where it should have been, so my guess would be that the projector on the bottom would be better for a lifted truck. And the projector on top would be for a stock height truck, other than that it could just be for looks.
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

Quote Originally Posted by sdpbob View Post
    I have mine on the bottom and doesnt seem to make a difference from the stock headlights, just looks better to me.
    I have the headlights from the bottom link.
    how is the beam pattern on those? is it a decent beam or is it kind of crappy? i had a set of projectors in a 96 dodge ram and they sucked. the cutoff was terrible. i had to have the brights on just to see. and do you stil have the stock bulbs in yours? what bulb# is in them hi and lo? how about some nite pix of hi and lo beam on the road? if yours use h1 hi beams how bright are them? how does the light on hi and lo compare to stock lights? my stock light beams are pretty good especially lo beam. i just dont want to screw em up for good lookin headlights.i want to put hids in mine when i get em. i already have h1 hids from the dodge projectors i had.
    DiabloSport U7137_Sport Grille_Color Matched Quad Headlites w/4 mini H1 bixenon projectors
    General Lee Horn_Flowmaster_Shorty Antenna_Debadged_20%tint_B Pillar Blackout Removed

it would be nice if someone would answer my question!!!!!!!!!

The switch to the projectors was like having my highs on when my lows were on and the beam pattern is a little different cuz you can see where the lows stop. Also when I turn on my highs the lows stay on as well so its a lot brighter then the stock headlights. Im glad I did the upgrade well worth it
    1994 GMC Sierra 1500
    4" Rancho Suspension Lift, 2" Body Lift
    33" Tires
    True Duals with Cherry Bombs, Brush Guard, Cowl Hood

Sold 2008 Silverado Crew Cab 4x4 Z71

Master Mechanic TritonBoulder47's Avatar

The "projector" lens is for the low beam, and the regulare reflector is for the high beam. BUt it doesn't really matter what one you get, because you can always switch them around... It just depends on what you think looks better...

Tim a.k.a. Da' Boulder

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Z71 - Custom Emergency Response POV

Firefighter, Fire Policeman, Ambulance Driver, Rescue Tech, Emergency Lighting Installer

Tint, 20's, Bull Bar, Intake, Exhaust, Billet Grill, Stereo, Custom Console, Emergency Equipment, and the list goes on...

well i got the headlights and put my 4300k hids in the low beams. these things are awesome. i like em because the projector and high beams can be indiviually aimed and the stock lights dont even do that. plus the cutoff pattern is good.

Daytime view of projectors with new billet grille

New projector lights with 4300k hids in low beams

low beam hid with clean cutoff

high beam all 4 lights on high beams are 55w h1
    Last edited by RedneckTrucker; 12-25-2009 at 09:51 PM.

they are just different brands really. its all personal preference. the lower placed ones will provide less glare to oncoming drivers. mine are upper mounted, and also in the first link you provided are EAGLE EYES/ANZO USA brand lamps (or knockoffs). the fitment on these is usually very good.
    ROTARYENGINEPETE
    '07 GMC SIERRA SLT | Z71 | 4X4 | 5.3L FF

LIFT:
    ROUGH COUNTRY 3" PREMIUM SUSPENSION LIFT + ADD-A-LEAF
    18" ATX THUG WHEELS
    33" NITTO TRAIL GRAPPLER TIRES
    EBC SPORT ROTORS
    EBC YELLOW STUFF BRAKE PADS
    LIGHTING:
    HELLA/VVME 4300K HID LOW BEAMS

HELLA BLACK MAGIC OFFROAD LIGHTS
    ANZO USA PROJECTORS HEADLIGHTS
    ANZO USA LED TAIL LIGHTS
    ENGINE:
    K&N 63 SERIES INTAKE
    MAGNAFLOW CATBACK D.O.S.I.F.T. EXHAUST
    BULLYDOG TRIPLE DOG GT TUNER

PULSTAR IGNITORS
    OPTIMA RED TOP
    DRIVETRAIN:
    YUKON 4.56 GEARS
    MAG-HYTEC DIFF COVER
    CORVETTE SERVO
    TRANSGO SHIFT KIT
    Z-PACK 3-4 CLUTCH
    REBUILT WARN XFER CASE
    BODY:
    RUNCOOL HOOD LOUVERS
    FULL WEATHERTECH VISORS/BUGSHIELDS
    DUPONT BEDLINER

DEEZEE BLACK DIAMOND PLATE BED CAPS
    BULLDOG LOCKING SPORT FUEL DOOR
    DOOR MOLDINGS REMOVED
    CUSTOM WIRE MESH GRILL
    BUSHWACKER BOSS FENDER FLARES
    CB THRU GLASS RADIO ANTENNA

5.5sec 0-60mph on pavement (5.2sec running E85), and a little less in 3 feet of muddy water

sorry to hijack the thread a little but I think its better than starting a whole new thread about the same topic...I want to get the projector headlights too, but to get that "white" light, do I have to do the whole rewiring or are those silverstar bulbs they sell at the store pretty much the same thing?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast