GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Talking

HEY! my 07 doesnt look like that!! HeHe

Sr. Apprentice

I like em now.....seen em in person and they look great...I have yet to see many extended cabs though, mostly see crews...

Thumbs up

Sweet looking truck!! Sign me up for two...in case i want seconds!
    Jay- Trophy Club, TX
    2003 Chevy Suburban Z-71 (2" lift)
    2008 GMC Sierra Texas Edition

I wonder what they polish and prep these vehicles with that are being photographed.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    I wonder what they polish and prep these vehicles with that are being photographed.
    My guess is a glaze rather than a wax. Glaze doesn't last or protect like wax but it actually gives a much shinier finish. The best one I ever used or sold was 3M Imperial Hand Glaze.

I sold it/bought in the professional containers like this

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3...izePageHandler

These days you can also get a smaller container designed for the average joe.

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3...izePageHandler

It was originally designed to be applied by hand to help with swirls and minor surface scratches and also to increase surface luster. Back when I was in the field every high end recon and body shop used this stuff. I sold it by the case daily. Haven't worked the field for a few years so I don't know if something new has come along to replace it as king but sometimes old is still best and this stuff was hands down the best when I was selling it. The best results come on dark & especially dark metallic vehicles( the metal flake seems to jump to the surface and sparkle like a diamond in the sun ) although it does help with all colors. As most anyone knows when you wax a white vehicle it doesn't give the same dramatic effect as a wax job on a black vehicle. Same applies to glaze. Darker vehicles always look better after a wax then lighter ones.

Only thing is NEVER apply glaze in general, but the 3M specifically, in the direct sun if it is more than like 70 degrees out if you don't work really really fast. You also NEVER EVER want to apply it to a hot vehicle surface( if you do get a buffer and some compound ). Wax MFG's basically say the same thing and you can still do it and be okay. Not so with this stuff. Find a shady spot and make sure the surface is just warm or cool NOT hot.

The glaze goes on just like a liquid wax. Wipe it on and let dry to a haze and then wipe off. You will get a lot of tan lint after but just wipe off with a seperate clean cloth. You will NOT get a shinier result. Remember this stuff does NOT protect like a wax. I have applied it before waxing and after as a gloss booster with excellent results. GREAT to use on a vehicle before a photo shoot or car show.
    Last edited by NHSilverado; 03-19-2007 at 05:54 AM.

nice photos here is some more and I really want to know if the 6 speed is better on gas

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12