GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default 2007 Chevy Silverado Interior Photos

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

I like the blue backlight on the gauges
    Bob
    Millington, TN
    2006 Chevy Silverado Z71: Silver Birch Metallic(59U)/Gray Leather

Looks better than my '04!

2010 Z/71 Colorado C/C
    Black 4X4 w/5.3L V8
    ===============
    2007 Winnebago Adventurer
    w/8.1L Chevy & Allison 6spd.
    Canyon Lake, Texas

They've done a GREAT job on the new interiors. Like a luxury can from 10 years ago just about.

Legend

Looks good. My only question is "What's with the obnoxious badging lately?"
    Ford has a Ford emblem on their trucks so big you could carry it into battle as a shield. (Ok, I'm exaggerating.)
    Looks like that Chevy emblem is a little bit much for the steering wheel, IMO.
    I guess I'm just a fan of subtlety.

Otherwise the interior has a great look. Very nice!!!
    Patrick
    Rhode Island

The new interiors are excellent. The new dashes are a definite improvement. I was kind of surprised though to see 2 different dashes. 1 is for the WT/1LT/2LT models and the other is for the LTZ models( woodgrain ). The 2 dashes have a few difference like a different location for the DIC buttons( left side on WT/LT's & right side on LTZ ), different height off floor, different radio mounting area, etc... I also was surprised to see that on the LTZ dash you lose the dual glovebox feature. There are some real differences between the two dashes used.

Seating is very comfortable. Both the power buckets and the 40/20/40 split bench. The interior on the new Crew Cab is HUGE! The backseat is like a living room. Definitely more room in the back of the new CC vs the previous body style. I am not so sure though that there is more leg room in the back on the new Extended Cabs though? Seems like there is less to me. Noticeably less actually. In my 05 EC I only have to move my seat forward a tad to let someone squeeze in behind me( with short legs of course )but on the new EC I had to slide the seat so far forward to let that happen I had the steering wheel in my gut. Just seems like they took out a good 4-5" of rear seat room on the EC's despite what I believe they claimed was an increase in interior room? Maybe all at the front.

While technically not an "Interior" item this does have to do with access to the interior. The new 170 degree open rear doors for the Extended Cab are a GOD SEND! On my 05 EC to get in the back you obviously have to open the front door and then the rear. Well when you do that you get stuck in the dreaded "Extended Cab Triangle Of Death" If you do this in a parking lot you can't go anywhere without closing a door because you get trapped. Plus the rear door doesn't even open fully outward and instead is at an angle towards the front of the truck. That makes it very hard to access the rear seating/storage area(IMO anyway - 6' 4" and 300lbs ). On the new EC's the way the rear door opens all the way out to almost touching the bed just makes access so much easier. Has 3 stop points on the way to fully open but fully open is where it is at. Anyone who picks up a new EC is going to love that.

Another great feature is that the rear EC door windows are now fully powered. NO more camper pop out type windows that require you to stop, open the rear door, open the window, then close the door and get back in to drive again. Just a flick of the switch and down they come. This feature is long over due. The power sliding rear windows are nice but I would love to see a fully up/down rear window like Toyota has. Never mind just the center section being powered. Have the entire window go up and down. Still, like the rear door windows being powered, having the slider powered( option not standard equip )is great and lets you open or close it on the fly. This isn't new technology to GM trucks but it really works slick in the trucks I have checked out that have it. I will stick with the solid rear window because I have more use for the window defroster than I do a slider but for those who want a slider it is a great option.

My impressions so far based on the trucks I have looked at. Oh yeah, one other thing. Seems they have increased the front window size. You have a lot more viewing area and definitely the window is bigger. Just a much better view. I also found that you get a better feel for where the front and sides of the truck are now too.
    Last edited by NHSilverado; 01-19-2007 at 01:32 PM.

Still think these look great.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Still think these look great.
    I don't remeber this post but you are right, very spiffy looking!
    Darcy
    Washington State
    2006 Silverado 2500HD LT3 4X4 CC SB Duramax LBZ
    Tuff Country 6" lift, 35" Toyo M/T's on 20" Ultra Peacemaker wheels, Quadzilla Stealth2 programmer, Diamond Eye 5" cat-back exhaust, factory Special order color Yellow.

Legend

Yeah I love the interior on the silverado's but I just love the Denali interior. One day when I have alot of extra change I wouldn't mind trading mine in. ... Oh yeah 400hp doesn't hurt either.

KRIS
    2007 GMC Sierra CrewCab 4.8L
    Tinted Windows, 20" Chrome MB Predators on 275/55/20 Copper AT's, GM Bed Rug, Speed Scene Chrome Grille, Putco Chrome Handles, Hypertech Max Energy Programmer, Magnaflow Muffler and many more mods to come.
    Former GM Vehicles:
    96 Chevy Camaro. My first car modded for a High School kid.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by