GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1

    Default Equinox AWD mod?

    My 2005 Equinox LT AWD has an irritating trait: When you are stopped and try to begin driving on a slippery surface, the front wheels spin quite a bit before power is routed to the rear. This means your studded tires are being abused, and if there is a slope to the side, the front of the car will begin to slide that way before you begin to move. Giving lots of throttle speeds the process, but really isn't a good solution.
    Has anyone with in-depth knowledge of the control system come up with a way to cause the power to be diverted to the rear? A momentary contact switch on the dash or console would be fine - just to make it engage when really needed.

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by russerts View Post
    My 2005 Equinox LT AWD has an irritating trait: When you are stopped and try to begin driving on a slippery surface, the front wheels spin quite a bit before power is routed to the rear. This means your studded tires are being abused, and if there is a slope to the side, the front of the car will begin to slide that way before you begin to move. Giving lots of throttle speeds the process, but really isn't a good solution.
    Has anyone with in-depth knowledge of the control system come up with a way to cause the power to be diverted to the rear? A momentary contact switch on the dash or console would be fine - just to make it engage when really needed.
    The transfer case module should see the slip and compensate for it. Have you checked your system for trouble codes? A faulty speed sensor will cause this problem.
    Jim

    2004 SILVERADO 2500HD LS
    Pro Comp Leveling Kit
    285-75-16 Cooper ST All Terrains
    Pro Comp Programmer
    Bilstein Shocks
    Linux Bed Liner
    Tinted Windows



    Other rides:

    1967 Landcruiser <350 Chevy>
    1970 Camaro
    1990 Geo Metro Convertible
    2007 FJ Cruiser

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmiee View Post
    The transfer case module should see the slip and compensate for it. Have you checked your system for trouble codes? A faulty speed sensor will cause this problem.
    I get zero for trouble codes (for which I'm thankful!), and a service rep I spoke to back when the car was pretty new gave me to believe that this is normal operation. He said that he worked at a Saturn dealer previously and the Vue was the same.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by russerts View Post
    I get zero for trouble codes (for which I'm thankful!), and a service rep I spoke to back when the car was pretty new gave me to believe that this is normal operation. He said that he worked at a Saturn dealer previously and the Vue was the same.
    Just curious, what scan tool did you use?

  5. #5

    Default Scanner ID

    I have an Innova 3100 - bought back when any scanner under $100 was a screaming deal.

Similar Threads

  1. Chevy Equinox - SUV, Crossover, Wagon? You make the call!
    By ChevyFan in forum Chevy Equinox Forum (GMC Terrain)
    Replies: 9
    Last: 07-09-2011, 02:48 PM
  2. Equinox flasher [Expired Topic]
    By KevinJJ in forum Chevy Equinox Forum (GMC Terrain)
    Replies: 2
    Last: 05-24-2010, 10:42 PM
  3. 05 equinox awd [Expired Topic]
    By paolo77 in forum Chevy Equinox Forum (GMC Terrain)
    Replies: 1
    Last: 02-15-2010, 05:30 PM
  4. equinox tow hook? [Expired Topic]
    By gkrech in forum Chevy Equinox Forum (GMC Terrain)
    Replies: 2
    Last: 11-25-2008, 10:57 PM
  5. O5 Equinox For Sale !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    By drifterz73 in forum General Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last: 08-06-2007, 03:02 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •