GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default amplifier question

i have 2 10" kicker L7's with a factory stereo wat would be a good amp to run this with under 200 dollars

2007 silverado classic 1500 2 door
    flowmaster exhaust system, K&N air intake system
    two 10" kicker L7's with a 2000 watt empire amp

check out Power Acoustik amps.
    Bagged 06 Silverado Crew Cab.

try quantum audio, i'm running one right now that i had on my db drive platium 15's and now is running my kicker 12 l5's. they're good amps and i've never had any problems with it. here's one that matches ur subs if u run them at 2ohm stable, 159.95 buy it now with free shipping.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/QUANTUM-AUDIO-QA...item518f1ce79d

try looking at woofersetc.com they have a lot of amps. for the power try pbx
    2006 Silverado Crew Cab, stock for now.
    Plans on lowering and stereo, rims

k...L7s require a good amount of juice. and remember this..your amp is the engine...so dont short change yourself. if your looking for amps that have good power that is a bang for your buck. look at Power Bass or Total Mobile Audio (TMA is a sister company for JL Audio) i've carried both and was very impressed.
    only thing is 2 10" L7s need atleast 400rms each. your going to be looking at a lil bit more than $200 to make this happen. if you dont give subs the power they need, then its like driving an engine hard with no oil....something going to give. im a firm believer that its better to over power than underpower. if its over powered you can always cut the amp down. but if its the other way around its just a matter of time till youll see the magic smoke coming from the subs...and at that point its too late. L7s are the real deal when it comes to loud.
    you'll need atleast 4ga wire. if you plan on doing another amp on the mids and highs later id go ahead and run 2ga so you dont have to rerun your power wire later. oh...and get you a radio w/ subcontrol soon. you'll notice a day and night diffrence. hope this helps.

-Evan

K&N intake
    Jet stage II chip
    Flowmaster true duals
    Viper 5900 alarm w/ remote start
    Pioneer AVICF90BT w/ nav
    Bell Tech w/ Nitro drop shocks

....and a bunch other stuff....

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_E View Post
    k...L7s require a good amount of juice. and remember this..your amp is the engine...so dont short change yourself. if your looking for amps that have good power that is a bang for your buck. look at Power Bass or Total Mobile Audio (TMA is a sister company for JL Audio) i've carried both and was very impressed.
    only thing is 2 10" L7s need atleast 400rms each. your going to be looking at a lil bit more than $200 to make this happen. if you dont give subs the power they need, then its like driving an engine hard with no oil....something going to give. im a firm believer that its better to over power than underpower. if its over powered you can always cut the amp down. but if its the other way around its just a matter of time till youll see the magic smoke coming from the subs...and at that point its too late. L7s are the real deal when it comes to loud.
    you'll need atleast 4ga wire. if you plan on doing another amp on the mids and highs later id go ahead and run 2ga so you dont have to rerun your power wire later. oh...and get you a radio w/ subcontrol soon. you'll notice a day and night diffrence. hope this helps.

-Evan
    ^^^^
    X2....your gonna have to spend a little more to make it worth having the L7s. oh, and nice truck evan!

Cody- Tulsa, OK
    '04 silverado

thank you...back atcha.

K&N intake
    Jet stage II chip
    Flowmaster true duals
    Viper 5900 alarm w/ remote start
    Pioneer AVICF90BT w/ nav
    Bell Tech w/ Nitro drop shocks

....and a bunch other stuff....