GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Looking to join the Suburban Club

I'm looking for a 92 to 97 Suburban to use around town and make an occasional trip pulling my popup camper. Any suggestions on what I should be looking for? Or trying to avoid?

Thanks.

All the years you covered are good trucks.
    Typical problems for these trucks include slow power windows, sticky power locks, worn drivers seat covers, worn drivers seat tracks, peeling clear coat and paint, and the Vortec motors had a gasket issue.
    If the owner says the gaskets were repaired ask for documantation.
    The oldest truck on your list is 18 yrs old so keep this in mind when looking at a candidate.
    These trucks have been known to get mileage as high as 300K.

I've got a B/B 96 Suburban for sale here in Texas, it needs a new engine but the rest of it is near perfect with 138K on it.

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    All the years you covered are good trucks.
    Typical problems for these trucks include slow power windows, sticky power locks, worn drivers seat covers, worn drivers seat tracks, peeling clear coat and paint, and the Vortec motors had a gasket issue.
    If the owner says the gaskets were repaired ask for documantation.
    The oldest truck on your list is 18 yrs old so keep this in mind when looking at a candidate.
    These trucks have been known to get mileage as high as 300K.

I've got a B/B 96 Suburban for sale here in Texas, it needs a new engine but the rest of it is near perfect with 138K on it.
    I've read some posts about the intake gaskets on these motors. I'm also in TX. Dallas area. Do you mean Big Block (B/B) as in 454? Sounds fun, but expensive.

Yep B/B= Big block engines.
    Yea replacement 454's are still kinda expensive which is part of the reason I'm selling as is instead of fixing for resale. Another reason is I have a second Suburban exactly like it a year newer and few thousand less miles that runs great.