GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Headers/Swap Guide

I'm new on this forum, and also new with chevy trucks. I was wondering if stock ls1 headers, or headers from another 5.7 motor would fit fine on a 92 1500 silverado 2wd with the 5.7 motor. are the bolt patterns the same, or what? also is there a swap guide for these trucks that anyone know of? any help would be appreciated.

Just look at the headers on the engine you have. Should be pretty easy to tell whether or not they will bolt up, or you could just take one off of the engine and compare it to the ls1 header. Swapping out headers usually involves some sort of modification. I bought some that said they would bolt right up.... that was a lie.

Thank you, but the thing is I"m looking for my friends truck, and I don't have the LS headers available, I was looking on CL and they were on there, so I was hoping if someone knew if they would bolt right up. I'm on another forum for saturn, and they have a swap guide, what parts from different yr models would fit on newer/older models. I know the block used is widely used in many gm's, but I would like to know if anyone knows if the ls1 headers would bolt up, or if there would be clearance issues, and/or if there are any other vehicles that are known to have the same clearance and bolt up for headers.

thank you again for the reply smoky

The LS motors actually have equally spaced exhaust ports (big block chevy esque...). But the 5.7 chevy (assuming vortec) SHOULD work. I guess no way to tell until you get those suckers held up there.