GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by adidasboy918 View Post
    I had the plastic bedrails caps on my truck till the 3m tape started coming loose and one side decided to fly up while driving on the freeway heading to my parents house. Bent it and put a small crack in it. Still have both of them just need to figure out if I want to put them back on with new 3m or go and get over the rail done with the line-x to finish up my bed.
    This was one of the reasons that I decided against the caps. When I did my research, I came across a few stories of the 2 sided tape coming loose. Another reason was a guy that I use to work with had the caps on his ('01? '02?) Silverado and after a few years they appeared to we slightly twisted. They had a wavy appearance. I'm sure this was probably the exception, and not the rule for these GM caps, but it was enough for me to choose the direction I took with the Line-X.

Yeah, i contacted my local line-x and asked about getting them to do my rails and quoted me 90 per rail. I keep meaning to contact them again and have them do it but I keep putting it off for other things.
    Peter

2007 Silverado LT Crew NNBS 5.3
    Stock 20"
    Black Powdercoated Billet Gas Door
    LineX Bedliner
    Go Rhino Dom II Bars
    Work in Progress
    1952 Chryler 2dr Windsor } Mine and Dad's
    Former Cars
    2000 civic hx Moded
    1993 Probe simi moded
    1985 Nissan 4x4 Kingcab

So*Cal Group

i just got line-x and i went over the rails. Personally i think its a must, cause i already had scratches in the paint there, and people always step on that part and stuff rests on it....

I was worried about it being "ugly" but i actually like the way it looks, makes the truck look more manly.

One thing i told em to do is only do 2 coats to make it thinner on the rails. Then 3 coats everywhere else

by the way, i went through a company who use's line-x material, but is not an actual line-x company. Saved me about $150 because he doesnt have to pay royalties to them

9'' Sway Aways Suspension w/ 2.5 coil resevour
    Allied Exhaust Systems
    Regeared (cant remember ratio)
    20'' Black XD Hoss
    37'' Toyo Open County
    Rear Fox Shocks
    Painted Front End Black
    Painted Rear End Black
    After-market Head lights / tail lights / third brake light
    Pioneer AVH-P4100 DVD Head Unit
    12'' Solo Baric L7 (x2) with custom box
    Fosgate Door Speakers / Tweeters
    K&N Air IntakePin it.... To Win It.

Blog Entries

I don't have any pictures of the inside of my bed, but I also have line-x and it is also over the rails. I think it's a must, especially if you use your bed the way it was meant to be used. Since it had the liner on before I bought the truck, I can't tell you the condition of the original bed rails, but I know on both of my older trucks, they were/are hammered from just general use. Think of how many times objects touch the tops of the bed rails. I know on mine, it's constantly.
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

How much did you guys pay for your Line-X bedliner? I paid 425 for my rhino in my 06.

08 GMC Sierra SLT Crew Cab Z71 4x4 All Terrain
    K&N Aircharger Intake
    CCM 2.5
    Magnaflow

i paid 350 for my linex

9'' Sway Aways Suspension w/ 2.5 coil resevour
    Allied Exhaust Systems
    Regeared (cant remember ratio)
    20'' Black XD Hoss
    37'' Toyo Open County
    Rear Fox Shocks
    Painted Front End Black
    Painted Rear End Black
    After-market Head lights / tail lights / third brake light
    Pioneer AVH-P4100 DVD Head Unit
    12'' Solo Baric L7 (x2) with custom box
    Fosgate Door Speakers / Tweeters
    K&N Air IntakePin it.... To Win It.

Quote Originally Posted by All_Terrain View Post
    How much did you guys pay for your Line-X bedliner? I paid 425 for my rhino in my 06.
    I just had mine done. We have 3 locations around the Charlotte area that spray Line-X. All three were within $10 of each other. I think 2 of them are owned by the same company. These two locations were offering a $20 discount. Regular $490 over-the-rails. I paid $470.
    Mark
    2007 Black Silverado LTZ Z71 4x4 Crew Cab, 5.3L, Airaid MIT and K&N Filter,
    Corsa Sport Exhaust, Rough Country 2" Leveling Kit, Removed Front Air Dam,
    N-Fab Steps, Line-X Bedliner, Truxedo LoPro QT, Carriage Works Billet Grill,
    18x9 Helo 835 Machined Black Rims, 285/65/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers
    Time to slow down on the mods! Running out of money:neutral:

For the rhino up here in Peterborough Ontario Canada $ 590.00 plus tax for over the rail and the bed..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12