GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Dyno mat????

Default Dyno mat????

Is it worth it?? is there a alternative? i have 05 silverado ext cab!! base model its noisy as hell and it drives me crazy!!! i can hear every thing please help!!!

Great stuff. I still have a roll of it up in the rafters of the garage. Bought it at a "going out of business" sale from a car audio place. Used it on a Pantera I had to help muffle the noise coming from the engine compartment right behind my ear.

The brush on spray on bedliner material may work better in some applications. Did the trunk of an Impala with a brush on bed liner. Dressed up the look and deadened the noise. Dynamat wouldn't have worked as well because it wouldn't have been covered with paneling or carpet.
    There is no way to happiness....happiness is the way.:yipi:
    http://kx6ijq.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pcOFVNH4ix1hjyGUVyXK5LRfef7qSeWzlZDorpQhIEfkZ2ZA  _vXMYypuKMJFw671uF2ZPhjez_j-atRmcjM2zQKpQi1JSsB75/burb1.JPG
    High Desert SoCal
    93 K1500 burb (personal) 350 AT 3" Lift 250K+
    02 Honda Civic LX
    Looking for a 1990's Miata for an engine swap

Dynamat is definately a good choice. But there is a little bit cheaper option we are trying at the shop called ballistic. Appearently it has a thicker aluminum which is supposed to be better sound insulation. ill keep yall updated on how it works.

Cody
    Grand Prairie, TX
    2003 Silverado LS
    4.8 V8
    Helix Power Tower Throttle Body Spacer
    Cherrybomb Extreme single 3 in/dual 2.5 out dumped
    8000k HIDs
    3.73 gears
    BFG Long Trail T/A's

Try SecondSkinAudio.com
    Bagged 06 Silverado Crew Cab.

Quote Originally Posted by ZSI52 View Post
    Try SecondSkinAudio.com
    x2 for secondskin--
    plan on doing my doors and back panel of the cab... and maybe pull the headliner out and do that one day.
    the only thing i dont like about the CC's is noise!! Even when played at a low level you can hear the music from outside the truck with the windows up. this should be a night and day difference
    good luck

Quote Originally Posted by kwconch021 View Post
    x2 for secondskin--
    plan on doing my doors and back panel of the cab... and maybe pull the headliner out and do that one day.
    the only thing i dont like about the CC's is noise!! Even when played at a low level you can hear the music from outside the truck with the windows up. this should be a night and day difference
    good luck

Agreed. I was told by one of the Second Skin Audio guys I would need 120 sq ft of Damplifier to do the back panel, doors, Roof, and the bottom of the Cab. I plan on doing it after I get rims/tires/ and a lowering kit.

Master Mechanic TritonBoulder47's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZSI52 View Post
    Try SecondSkinAudio.com
    Second Skin = For the win!!!

Tim a.k.a. Da' Boulder

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Z71 - Custom Emergency Response POV

Firefighter, Fire Policeman, Ambulance Driver, Rescue Tech, Emergency Lighting Installer

Tint, 20's, Bull Bar, Intake, Exhaust, Billet Grill, Stereo, Custom Console, Emergency Equipment, and the list goes on...

what about smell heard that some of that stuff stinks when it gets hot out side!!!

I just got done doing a complete stereo install on my single cab truck. I used 20sq ft of dynamat. I am running a single 12" @3k watts and infinity kappa components with a memphis 4 channel amp. I have no rattles except for my door handle on the outside. And it is very quiet on the outside compared to before.
    02 silverado
    4/6" djm kit
    notched frame
    22x9.5 u2-55's
    one part, one paycheck, one week at a time

Quote Originally Posted by joshs02ss View Post
    what about smell heard that some of that stuff stinks when it gets hot out side!!!

Depends on the brand. Most brands use different types of material to make the sound deadener stick to the surface. I heard that second skin audio and dynamat doesn't smell bad. I also heard that fat mat will make your truck
    smell like a newly paved asphalt road.