GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: 12.2 F in DFW

Default 12.2 F in DFW

BRRR, I got up at 7 AM this morning and it was 12.2 F on my thermometer! BRRRR, that's the coldest it's been in DFW since I've been here just over 10 years.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

We had 14 last Monday at 6am (4th JAN), felt much colder with the 20mph wind!!!!
    Adam

Legend

0445 on the way to work this morning at -17 and -25 with wind chill, wake me when winter really shows up!!
    99 K1500 Suburban LT "THE BEAST"
    Hypertech III, K&N, true dual
    285/75/16

Jr. Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    BRRR, I got up at 7 AM this morning and it was 12.2 F on my thermometer! BRRRR, that's the coldest it's been in DFW since I've been here just over 10 years.
    -30 Thursday morning and -32 yesterday morning but much better today. Makes the alternator squeal just a bit when you fire it up for the first time when it's that damn cold.

Coldest I've seen it here has been -20*F, and there was no wind that day!
    Current truck: 1996 Ford 250, 7.3 Powerstroke diesel. Dana 60 SAS, stage 1 160cc injectors, T500 High Pressure Oil Pump, TS 6-position chip, full 4" exhaust, intake, 285 Falken Rocky Mountain AT's, boost/EGT/trans temp pillar gauges, etc...

Yeah, but this cold here causes problems. I think my foundation shifted the other night becuase of the soft soil and the cold temps. I heard some hollow thud sounds and I have more cracks today than I did last week.

Finally got warm enough to ride the bike today, should warm up more this coming week.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Yeah, but this cold here causes problems. I think my foundation shifted the other night becuase of the soft soil and the cold temps. I heard some hollow thud sounds and I have more cracks today than I did last week.
    Foundation, I thought you guys in the south just built on cement slabs

Quote Originally Posted by vncj96 View Post
    Foundation, I thought you guys in the south just built on cement slabs
    We do, but they still have settling issues with changes in the weather, the soil here is terrible for buildings.
    My neighbor just had Cable Lock done to his house to prevent setting issues, it cost $14,000 not including crack repairs.
    Summer ya gotta water them like the lawn, winter you really cant do mutch but grin and bear it.

Houston weather is nuts. One day its 30 the next its 60.