GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: air horns...

Default air horns...

thinkin about an air horn for my truck love the old ppl doing 5 under in the fast lane!
    blast there ass out of the way and down the road we go i have seen some on youtube and hornblaster.com but i dont know what to buy for the bang for the buck anybody got one??? or ideas to make my own setup ??

hey, I used to have a train horn on my 04 silverado. I bought it from ebay for around $300. It was 132 decibles, and a little louder than a the horns on a train, it was pretty sweet, watch ebay, they have some pretty good deals, but also some pretty good scams, make sure you read the reviews of the sellers
    Nick-Larmie
    2004 chevy Silverado 4X4
    Cold Air Intake
    Chip
    Flowmaster

Legend

I think they have some reasonably priced ones on stylintrucks.com
    99 K1500 Suburban LT "THE BEAST"
    Hypertech III, K&N, true dual
    285/75/16

thanks man i was looking on e bay the other day but i a guy said they dont last like u say what brand did u buy ??....how long have u had it?? thank again!

p.s. do u know how far away ppl can hear u...

Master Mechanic TritonBoulder47's Avatar

Whelen makes a Power Air Horn and a Power Air Horn with PA... It's all electric, no need to mees with plumbing air lines...

Tim a.k.a. Da' Boulder

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Z71 - Custom Emergency Response POV

Firefighter, Fire Policeman, Ambulance Driver, Rescue Tech, Emergency Lighting Installer

Tint, 20's, Bull Bar, Intake, Exhaust, Billet Grill, Stereo, Custom Console, Emergency Equipment, and the list goes on...

i have a train horn in my truck! i have a 5 gallon tank with a 100% duty compressor which will do anything you will ever want.. will run air power tools all day... i paid $300 for everything shipped to my door. i dont know if your looking for a tank this big but i would also not go with a 1 or 2 gallon.. they run out of air too quickly.. the smallest i would go with is a 3 gallon. i have 4 horns.. you also notice in my video below that its mounted under my hood i would not do so.. i would mount it under your truck. It is a lot louder with the hood up. dont get me wrong its very loud with the hood down and you'll scare the living **** outta people but i want to move mine to under my truck. here's my video and ill look for the page i got it off of for you and post another reply

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8P1tAkUAKjQ"]YouTube- Ted's train horn[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by lsutoms View Post
    i have a train horn in my truck! I have a 5 gallon tank with a 100% duty compressor which will do anything you will ever want.. Will run air power tools all day... I paid $300 for everything shipped to my door. I dont know if your looking for a tank this big but i would also not go with a 1 or 2 gallon.. They run out of air too quickly.. The smallest i would go with is a 3 gallon. I have 4 horns.. You also notice in my video below that its mounted under my hood i would not do so.. I would mount it under your truck. It is a lot louder with the hood up. Dont get me wrong its very loud with the hood down and you'll scare the living **** outta people but i want to move mine to under my truck. Here's my video and ill look for the page i got it off of for you and post another reply

thanks man

Quote Originally Posted by lsutoms View Post
    i have a train horn in my truck! i have a 5 gallon tank with a 100% duty compressor which will do anything you will ever want.. will run air power tools all day... i paid $300 for everything shipped to my door. i dont know if your looking for a tank this big but i would also not go with a 1 or 2 gallon.. they run out of air too quickly.. the smallest i would go with is a 3 gallon. i have 4 horns.. you also notice in my video below that its mounted under my hood i would not do so.. i would mount it under your truck. It is a lot louder with the hood up. dont get me wrong its very loud with the hood down and you'll scare the living **** outta people but i want to move mine to under my truck. here's my video and ill look for the page i got it off of for you and post another reply

whered you get all the components? thanks, mike
    2006 Silverado 5.3 4wd ext cab

mods as of yet:
    debadged
    bodyside molding delete
    truxedo tonneau cover
    magnaflow muffler
    toyo 33x12.50-20s

[QUOTE=lsutoms;209375]i have a train horn in my truck! i have a 5 gallon tank with a 100% duty compressor which will do anything you will ever want.. will run air power tools all day... i paid $300 for everything shipped to my door. i dont know if your looking for a tank this big but i would also not go with a 1 or 2 gallon.. they run out of air too quickly.. the smallest i would go with is a 3 gallon. i have 4 horns.. you also notice in my video below that its mounted under my hood i would not do so.. i would mount it under your truck. It is a lot louder with the hood up. dont get me wrong its very loud with the hood down and you'll scare the living **** outta people but i want to move mine to under my truck. here's my video and ill look for the page i got it off of for you and post another reply
    QUOTE]

AWESOME!!!!

S.BELFORD

2009 Silverado LT1: All Star Edition
    5.3 Liter V8 4x4

Factory:
    Locking Rear Differential
    3.73 Rear Axle
    Fog Lamps
    Factory Remote Start
    Locking Tailgate
    20" Wheels

Aftermarket:
    Rear Wheel House Liners
    Molded Mud Flaps
    Stainless Nurf Bars
    Driver Information Center
    20% Tinted Windows
    Low Profile Diamond Plate Tool Box
    GM Bed Liner
    Silver Birch Metallic Mirror Covers
    Silver Birch Metallic Vent Visors
    Flowmaster Super 40 (knock off)
    20" Wheels
    Bed Rail Protectors
    Extang Tonneau Cover

im having problems finding the site that i used... im going to do some further looking and try to let ya'll know

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast